Today’s Project: Throw away 21 things from your fridge.
Note from Kathi: Hey girls – my server has been having issues, so I am sorry that you haven’t had your projects – but don’t worry – we are back on board!
I know technically I should be cleaning out my fridge once a week. But honestly, it takes one of the three following event to happen before I dig in:
- There is an untraceable smell
- The take out containers from the five of us make it impossible for me to find a place to put my pint on non-fat milk (you don’t get to judge until you have five adults living under one roof)
- Anytime I go to Costco
So today – I toss!
Items I will be taking a long hard look at:
- All the ketchups, designer mustards, pineapple salsas etc. that have ended up in my condiment graveyard
- Any take out boxes (this may sever some relationships kid-wise, but I am willing to run the risk)
- The veggie bin: I get all motivated to eat healthy in the store and at the farmer’s market, but when it comes to acutally preparing those super-healthy-organic-and-locally-grown veggies… their chances of making into actually dishes? 50/50
All milks will be given the sniff test
So, in clebration of getting rid of my culinary glut, I will also be giving away one of my previously loved books to a randomly chosen commenter:
Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously is a very funny – if not raw (wow, pun totally not intended) read. I loved the book (after all, it was a PROJECT she was working on,) but she does cuss like a sailor who drank a little too much cooking sherry.
Since I don’t use those words, but also realize that a lot of otherwise great books use those words, I still offer it here, with appropriate warnings J
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- The Book Project: A Challenge for Myself in 2017 - April 27, 2017
- Spring Fling Starts Monday! Join Me! - April 26, 2017
- Let’s Get Rid of Some Stuff! Join the 2017 Spring Fling! - April 24, 2017