7 Days of Praying for Your Man – Day 1 When He Feels Inadequate

For the first day of our praying adventure, I asked my friend, Arlene Pellicane, author of 31 Days to a Happy Husband, to talk about how to pray  for your husband when he is feeling inadequate. See how to win Arlene’s new book at the end of the post.

I always picture my husband with a huge “S” across his chest. He is my rescuer – the one who changes the car battery,

solves my computer problem, and makes breakfast for the family on many days.
What I sometimes forget is that “Superman” has a bad day in the office once in awhile. He might feel like a hero while the hot oatmeal is being served but a few hours later, he feels like he’s barely in control of his circumstances.

That’s when I can pray that the Lord will fill his heart and mind with peace and wisdom. When my husband feels inadequate, I can pray that his weakness becomes an opportunity to experience God’s strength.

May this verse guide our prayers today for our husbands:
“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” Isaiah 26:3

Lord, help my husband to keep his mind totally focused on you today. May he trust in your steadfast love and in your ability to solve the problems that face him today. Keep him in your perfect peace. Settle his mind and heart. Give him courage because he trusts in you.

Thanks to Arlene! And if you would like an opportunity to win her book 31 Days to a Happy Husband, let us know in the comments that you prayed for your man. Yep – you’re already a winner if you pray for your man, but you could win a book, too!

Be Sociable, Share!
More Ideas to Grow With God grow with god

Comments

1. Jessica says:

Thank you for starting this prayer challenge, Kathi! It will run perfectly with a group I started with my friends for the Husband Project. We began with 4 women and now, in our third week, we have a total of 10 women, each paired with their chosen accountability partner(s), following their own plans to treat their husbands with love! We call it by a code name, Project Pink, and the book is our Instruction Manual. (And I even made a slogan for it… :)

We have all enjoyed discussing our progress with each other as well as asking for suggestions on certain activities. It’s really nice to have people to talk to who are going through the same things, somewhere to vent and gain new perspectives. We hardly talked about our husbands so lovingly before we began this life-altering project! In fact, we like everything we’re doing so much, we will be continuing this project beyond the 21 days and are continually searching for more women to join us! We plan to keep this an open, ongoing project so we can help bring more women to love their husbands as God wants us to.

Thanks again, for the prayer challenge… and for the book!!

2. Christina says:

I pray for my husband to have the strength to get through his tough days at work. He works so hard for is family, and I’m blessed to be his wife.

3. Marilyn Lisenbee(Sunny) says:

I know, Lord Jesus, that there are times when my dear husband feels inadequate. Help him to lean on you during these times and help me to support him which will help him though these times. We live in tough times and it important for us to remain strong and united. I am claiming Ecclesiastes 4:12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken, for each for us and for each woman here praying for her dear husband. Help our husband to remain strong during tough times. In Your Precious Name and according to Your will for marriages, I pray, Amen

4. My husband works 10-12 hour days, then he comes home and works around the house, sometimes even making dinner for us. Thank you for this Project that encourages me to pray more specifically for my awesome husband-friend.

5. Christina F says:

When my husband is feeling inadequate, it is easy for that to spill onto me as well as a wife and mother. I am catching up on this prayer challenge and plan to follow this each day. Its a daily struggle to remember that I need to trust God to see us through these challenges and it will only get better with prayer, not only are we talking to God, but we are reminding ourselves that He is in control, not us.

6. Sandy S says:

I pray for my husband to have good, positive days at work. He works so hard and never, ever complains. He comes home happyto be with us no matter what he has gone through during the day. He loves just to be with his family and for that I am blessed.

7. Well said. Praying for my husband! :-) Thanks for the reminders & encouragement!

8. Holly Pierce says:

Praying for my husband..

9. I prayed for my husband. Thank you! Glad I found your website. :)

10. Praying for my husband! Excited about this!

11. Thank you Kathi — you’re a continual source of encouragement! Praying for my husband.

12. Thank you for the encouraging e-mails! Praying fervently for my sweet hubby!

13. I prayed for my man to feel God’s presence and know he is worthy of God’s love and adequate his family.

14. Carol Boley says:

Praying not ony for my beloved husband but for the husbands of all these other dear women as well…

15. I pray for my hubby every day!

16. Praying for my husband today during a week that he’s been feeling especially discouraged. Thank you for your help and encouragement!

17. Praying for my husband today. We’re trying to make a tough decision about a job possibility, and he’s struggling.

Trackbacks