Don’t underestimate the power of Fast Food at Home. And the humble grilled cheese can be a very satisfying meal with a cup of soup or a fresh little salad. The other advantage is that grilled cheese can be a DYI kinda meal – if one kid can’t stand tomatoes – no problem – just leave them off.
Prep 10 Minutes
Start to Finish 20 Minutes
8 slices sourdough bread
2 tsp softened butter
8 tsp Dijon mustard
4 oz cheddar, gruyere, Havarti or other cheese that melts well
8 slices fresh tomatoes
- Put a small skillet (with lid) over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Smear mustard on the unbuttered side of the bread slices.
- Arrange cheese slices over one mustard-covered slice of bread.
- Top cheese with tomato slices.
- Cover with the other slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich in the skillet – heat until bread is golden brown and the cheese is melty.
- Slice diagonally and serve.
In Addition to the the Grown Up Grilled Cheese- Here are some free goodies!
If you want the freezer instructions for this (and nineteen of my other favorite freezer recipes,) check out my Facebook Page and download the free ebook: Six Chicks Freeze and Fix – How to Start a Freezer Meal Co-op (look at the “Tabs” at the top of the page.)
And wait – there’s more!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter (filled with great tips about keeping your life in order!) and you will receive my free ebook THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MAN FOOD filled with great recipes to keep that man in your life extra happy.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- I Don’t Have Thyme For This: Organizing the Kitchen Without Overwhelm - January 11, 2017
- Got a Messy Relationship? Here’s How to Fix It in Three Simple Steps - January 9, 2017
- A Way Out of the Homework Quicksand - January 7, 2017