One of the biggest key for the peace that Roger and I experience in our relationship is the understanding of our personality types. We understood from an early point in our marriage that opposites do indeed attract – but they can also drive each other crazy. For the next several week on Wednesdays, Roger and I will be sharing about how to be married well to each of the personalities.
But first, most of us fit into one personality more than they others. I am firmly in the Expressive camp, while Roger is Analytic. Knowing what camp you fall in (generally) and where your husband falls (generally) will help you understand how you feel loved and respected – and the same for your man.
So here are some general ways to determine what your personalities are. Once you have an idea of where you both land, tell me in the comments (ie, I’m a Driver and my husband is a Amiable…) I think that not only will this be informational, but also a whole lot of fun.
- Natural salesmen or story-tellers
- Warm and enthusiastic
- Good motivators, communicators
- Can be competitive
- Can tend to exaggerate, leave out facts and details
- Sometimes would rather talk about things than do them
- Know what they want and how to get there
- Communicates quickly, gets to the point
- Sometimes tactless and brusque
- Can be an “ends justify the means” type of person
- Hardworking, high energy Does not shy away from conflict
- Kind-hearted people who avoid conflict
- Can blend into any situation well
- Can appear wishy-washy
- Has difficulty with firm decisions
- Often loves art, music and poetry Highly sensitive
- Can be quiet and soft-spoken
- Highly detail oriented people
- Can have a difficult time making decisions without ALL the facts
- Make great accountants and engineers
- Tend to be highly critical people
- Can tend to be pessimistic in nature
Join the upcoming Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study with Kathi Lipp, The Husband Project.
Find out all the details here. Sign up today because we start June 20, 2016!
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- Book Review: A Street Cat Named Bob - October 13, 2017
- Clean Out Your Car (and a Clutter Free MOPS Meeting) - October 12, 2017
- Happy Mornings: 5 Easy Steps to an Effective Routine - October 9, 2017