I have a wonderful friend who is great at taking care of everyone else. She is the hardest worker I’ve ever met. She has a full time job, a busy family and a growing ministry. She is a very busy girl.
She and I have been working hard to not only take care of those around us, but ourselves as well. She made a huge breakthrough when she sent me an email letting me know she had scheduled her “annual” appointment with her doctor – for the first time in five years.
Our stuff is so often on the bottom of our list.
So by Tuesday, I want you to put something at the top of your list. Here are some ideas of things you could do to take care of you:
- Make your annual appointment
- Make a hair appointment
- Call a friend (not out of obligation, but because it does your heart good)
- Get a prescription refilled
- Take a 20 minute nap
- Put a flower on your desk
- Prepack some healthy snacks
- Download some music you love to your iPod
- Schedule a dentist appointment
- Schedule an appointment with your trainer
- Go take a walk
Tell me what you are going to do but Tuesday at midnight, and I will enter you to win The Get Yourself Organized Project.
Your real reward will be taking care of yourself. Go on. It’s only 15 minutes (or so…)