I have a wonderful friend who is great at taking care of everyone else. She is the hardest worker I’ve ever met. She has a full time job, a busy family and a growing ministry. She is a very busy girl.
She and I have been working hard to not only take care of those around us, but ourselves as well. She made a huge breakthrough when she sent me an email letting me know she had scheduled her “annual” appointment with her doctor – for the first time in five years.
Our stuff is so often on the bottom of our list.
So by Tuesday, I want you to put something at the top of your list. Here are some ideas of things you could do to take care of you:
- Make your annual appointment
- Make a hair appointment
- Call a friend (not out of obligation, but because it does your heart good)
- Get a prescription refilled
- Take a 20 minute nap
- Put a flower on your desk
- Prepack some healthy snacks
- Download some music you love to your iPod
- Schedule a dentist appointment
- Schedule an appointment with your trainer
- Go take a walk
Tell me what you are going to do but Tuesday at midnight, and I will enter you to win The Get Yourself Organized Project.
Your real reward will be taking care of yourself. Go on. It’s only 15 minutes (or so…)
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- Love Intentionally: Celebrating Romance All Year Long - February 17, 2017
- Love Intentionally: Stop Talking Bad About Our Husbands - February 16, 2017
- Love Intentionally When Your Husband is Overwhelmed - February 15, 2017