During the clean sweep, (between now and Monday,) you get to count bonus items that you would not normally count in the 2014 Things Challenge (like consumables). Why are we doing this for next five days? Because:
- When you don’t know what’s in your kitchen, it’s easy to re-buy things you don’t really need.
- A cluttered kitchen makes meal prep and clean up impossible.
- I want you to get some NUMBERS in this challenge!!!
It’s easy! Just take a garbage bag, a recycle bag, a “give away” box, a “other rooms” box, and a “put back” box check out this blog post if you’re not familiar with the 3 Boxes, 2 Bags cleaning system,) and start pitching.
For this challenge, even consumables count! So clean out those cupboards, freshen the fridge, and start clean!
And what about that food that is still good, but your family is NEVER going to eat it? Here are some ideas:
- For non-perishables, donate them to your local food bank.
- Put it up on Facebook for all your local friends: “Hey, we have 4 gluten-free cake mixes we are never going to use, first person who can bet them by tomorrow, and posts here, is the winner!”
- Maybe you have a friend who is on hard times who would be grateful for a grocery bag filled with some of your yummy overstocks. Take those Costco packs, break them up, and pass them on.
- In a few weeks, we will be having a challenge to help you reduce your stockpile and save money. Stay tuned!!!
Want to win a copy of THE WHAT’S FOR DINNER SOLUTION? Post a pic of your “after” kitchen declutter (it can be as big as the whole kitchen, or as small as one drawer or shelf) on my Facebook Page. We will randomly pick one winner to receive the book – but everyone who declutters is a winner.
So tell me, (because you want someone holding you accountable!) what area of your kitchen are you going to attack.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- How to Make Routines Work for You - August 10, 2017
- When Cheap Costs - August 7, 2017
- Clutter Free: Seven Steps for Just Getting Started - July 27, 2017