Half of it I’ve been traveling, the other half had, well, life.
And while the stuff in my house seems overwhelming, this challenge seemed even more so.
Some weeks I’ve be racking up huge numbers. But this week not so much.
Do you feel like a 2014 Things Drop Out?
Here is what to do when you feel like you’re falling behind.
- Take a real look at the numbers. In order to stay on target for the 2014 Things, you need to get rid of about 37 things a week – that’s less than six things a day. You can so do this.
- Concentrate on small areas. Do a drawer, or a shelf. Don’t say, “I’ll do the garage today.” NO. Don’t set yourself up for failure like that.
- Get some help. Set a timer for you and your kids to get as much out of your rooms as possible. I know of one mom who is using the challenge for her kids to earn screen time.
- Ask a friend to help. Get on the phone and the whole time your chatting, both of you can be getting rid of stuff. Everything is easier with a friend.
- Picture your house lighter. Get a vision of what it’s going to look like when you’re done.
We can do this girls.
What tiny area are you going to work on this weekend. Tell me in the comments and you’ll be entered to win The Get Yourself Organized Project!
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- Podcast Episode #282 – The Lifegiving Table - December 12, 2017
- A free DOWNLOAD and an AWESOME Giveaway - December 11, 2017
- Get Yourself Organized for Christmas Project 21: Your Personalized Special Project - December 11, 2017