In the last installment of our custom photo gift series, I wanted to aim for something different for good ole’ dad. Dads can be the hardest person to find a gift for and you don’t usually think of him as the recipient of a photo gift. However, I think this wood transfer idea says manly and heartfelt, perfect for Father’s Day!
What you need:
A piece of Wood— the possibilities here are endless. Make sure you sand down and clean off the surface you are transferring to for best results.
Matte finish sealer spray
Matte gel medium
Clear drying glue
2 foam brushes
Credit card or gift card
What to do:
1. Remove the labels from the shipping labels and throw them away. The parts you want to use are the backing of the labels.
2. If there are perforated seams on the back of the paper, tape them so they don’t break during printing or application.
3. Spray the back of the paper with an even coat of the spray-on sealer. Let it dry completely.
4. Use your foam brush to add a thin layer of glue on the entire backing and let it dry.
5. Time to print! Pick your favorite digital picture and print it on the paper you have prepped with the spray-on sealer and glue. You want to make sure you print on the side with the glue.
* Be careful not to smudge your picture once it has printed.
8. Let it dry for 90 minutes. Then slowly peel the paper from the wood.
9. Add a coat of clear sealer and you have a really cool gift!
What is your favorite photo gift idea? Do you have another great idea for a photo gift for Father’s Day? Share them here!
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- Practical Tips for Getting Organized Part 2 - July 25, 2017
- Practical Tips for Getting Organized Part 1 - July 24, 2017
- How to Have a Happier Husband on Focus on the Family Today! - June 19, 2017