When was the last time you pulled out from under your bed the wrapping paper container only to find that you are pretty much completely out of wrapping paper? Umm, how did this happen?!? And then realize that you know that you saw some recently… Oh yeah! You run upstairs to the spare bedroom closet to find the missing wrapping paper, only to discover it is a bag full of bows. Geesh! You can’t win. This only happens to me when I need it now!!
Assignment: Designate an area, one place for all of your wrapping supplies – think of it as your Christmas Headquarters! Maybe it’s your bedroom, an office, or a closet. Wherever it is, clean up the area and make space to store the extra supplies.
3 Reasons you need to be organized this year:
- Organizing saves TIME- when you take the time to get your space organized you save loads of energy not looking for things you thought you had (ie: the above scenario). Searching around for tape, scissors paper bows etc. can tire a girl out. For real. Save yourself the flight of stairs!
- Organizing saves MONEY- when you make a list of what you have and what you need you are more prepared. You don’t go off to the store for more scotch tape, only to find you have three rolls in another room! You really could have used that $6.00 for your son’s school field trip!
- Organizing saves STRESS- when you have everything you need all when you need it in one location, this keeps you sane. You stop running around like a chicken with her head cut off. It’s a busy enough time of year, we don’t need to make it worse by saving things for the last minute. This causes stress. Stop it!
The best thing you can do to ensure you have a holiday free from stress is to plan ahead. Take the time now before life gets crazy busy, and get your space ready. Really, this will make the whole process much more enjoyable! (I just realized that I need to add tape to my next shopping list because that is one item that just won’t stick around like I need it to! I’m off to store later anyway, might as well get it now!)
Share Your Thoughts:
Where will your space be located? Is it in a kid free zone or just where you have room – maybe the dining table?! It’s ok if it is- no judgments here! 🙂 I don’t think kids care that much, do you?
This year we’ve partnered with Evite to bring organization to your party planning and holiday celebrations! Check out the Kathi Lipp and Evite partner page for some great party ideas and the evites you need to invite your favorite guests!
If you haven’t purchased Get Yourself Organized for Christmas yet, click here!
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- How to Have a Happier Husband on Focus on the Family Today! - June 19, 2017
- Five-Week Fling Begins Today! Join Me! - June 12, 2017
- Eliminate 1,000 Things: Join the 5-Week Fling - June 7, 2017