Take time for you!
When was the last time you made time for you? Like literally planning nothing? Now sure, you may write on your calendar ‘get pedicure’ (that counts), but there is this GLORIOUS thing on a calendar called white space. Have you heard of it?? It is literally that … space for nothing. You should try and add some white space to that busy calendar of yours! (For inspiration, check out this classic podcast: Finding Whitespace During Christmas)
Assignment: Find one way to refresh and recharge and find time for you in the midst of the busy Christmas season!
Here are some ideas:
- get lunch with a friend
- take a long hot shower
- read a book in a cozy chair with a hot cup of tea
- browse Pinterest mindlessly for one hour, guilt free
- watch a great Christmas classic on TV
- call a friend and talk for long enough that it felt like a visit
- choose two days next month on the calendar for white space
Lest you be tempted, today is not a catch up day, it’s a RELAX day. You deserve it once in a while. Besides, you will be so much more effective when you take time for you.
For More Details: Get Yourself Organized For Christmas – Page 92
Share Your Thoughts:
How did you do planning your ‘white space’? Did you do nothing? Did you get a much needed nap or pedicure?
Are you rest-resistant because you think that if Christmas is going to happen at all this year it is completely up to you? And there is so much left to do. Breathe deep. Recognize that you’re trying to play God. Repent. And then rest, guilt-free.
Latest posts by Kendra Burrows (see all)
- Get Yourself Organized for Christmas Project 21: Your Personalized Special Project - December 4, 2016
- Get Yourself Organized for Christmas Project 20: Get Your Christmas Table Stuff Ready - December 3, 2016
- Get Yourself Organized for Christmas Project 19: Meal Planning At Christmas Time - December 2, 2016