It’s easy to put your worth in your children’s failures and successes. In this week’s episode, Kathi and guest, Erin MacPherson, author of the Christian Mama’s Guide series, discuss being a part of the Bad Moms Club. While most moms are striving to be the best mom she can be, she is usually riddled with doubt, guilt and worry. If this sounds like you, take heart, you aren’t alone.
Kathi and Erin discuss ways to get through this journey of motherhood from birth through young adulthood. Some of the highlights include:
- “Don’t judge your parenting on one bad day!”- One bad day doesn’t undo all that parenting that you’ve poured into your kid/s.
- “Find your people that will still be a fan of your kid even when he/she doesn’t make the best decision.”- When our child has royally messed up, there is something about another adult who you admire seeing something besides “future adult delinquent” in your child that will give you hope.
- “Don’t put your faith in the sheep, put it in the Shepherd.”- We base the outcome of our lives on the actions of our children. Wrong. Our hope is only in God.
If you are in need of some encouragement through your mom walk, this one is for you. After you listen, comment below on what struck a cord with you the most. You’ll be entered to win a copy for you and a friend of Kathi’s new book, I Need Some Help Here! Help for When Your Kids Don’t Go According to Plan. In fact, two winners will win a copy for her and a friend!
Summer is here and the kids are already complaining that they are bored. You want them to have fun, and let’s face it, you want to have some fun too without breaking the bank. Download this summer bucket list for 100 things to do this summer with the kids that both you and they will enjoy.
No boring summers here! Download and have some fun!
This book is for every mom out there who has ever doubted herself, wondered why her child didn’t “turn out” the way she thought he would, or is feeling alone in her mothering journey. Whether your kids are little or young adults, motherhood can be so difficult (but eventually rewarding, I promise).
In I Need Some Help Here! Hope for When Your Kids Don’t Go According to Plan, Kathi meets you in your moments of panic or despair with wit and wisdom. She offers the most powerful tools, from prayer to practical tips, for you and your child. The book covers all of the stages of your child’s life from toddler to young adult and tackles the most common issues that cause stress and anxiety, sharing:
- Practical wisdom when your child makes poor choices
- How to pray when your child is running away from God
- Comforting words fore when your child feels left out
- “been there” advice for when your child is different than other kids
Whether you are at the end of your rope, or simply need a little extra support as you walk the parenting road, you’ll cherish Kathi’s heart, humor and experience.