The Clutter Free Bible Study group has done the top layer of decluttering but is now dealing with the things that have sentimental value or promote guilt. Together they came up with some tips for dealing with the next level of clearing out the clutter.
7 Tips for Decluttering Sentimental Stuff
- Start in the Kitchen There are fewer sentimental items there.
- Put motto on the wall. Keep it visible in a place where you can see it.
- Give it a final goodbye. Take a picture and write a memory about it and then get rid of it.
- Remember when everything is precious, nothing is! You can’t keep everything. Some things you need to enjoy and let it go.
- Keep 3 things per person. Three items that represent each person. Curate what is important and pass the rest on to someone else.
- Don’t guilt others into keeping things.
- Don’t value the past or the future and ignore the present. The clutter of the past or saving things for the future can just crowd out your present life.
Just do little things and start small. Let your house serve your present, not your past or your future.
Kathi’s Pantry Before and After
Clutter Free by Kathi Lipp has changed thousands of lives and now we are going even deeper when it comes to the reasons – the emotional and spiritual reasons – that lie beneath your clutter. In this six-week Bible Study you will, possibly for the first time, truly understand how God wants you to be free. Free from clutter so you can be free to change your world.
Kathi will help you to:
• Break free from the lies that keep you mired in clutter
• Uncover the shame that makes you hold onto things you will never use
• Confront the fear that keeps you down in ‘Just in Case” thinking
• Untangle from the guilt of letting go of things that no longer serve you
It doesn’t matter if you have rooms of clutter at your home or just feel overwhelmed by the constant flow of paperwork in your life, we can all use a friend to guide us through decluttering the distractions that keep us from living out the purpose God has for us. That’s exactly what you will get when you join Kathi for this funny, Bible-fueled journey that’s sure to bring you closer to the One who longs for your heart.