Hi friends! Yesterday I got to sit down with Author Pam Farrel and talk about Hope. We all need hope in a world where it’s sometimes very difficult to see the good. I admitted to you in yesterday’s post and in our conversation that I haven’t been a fan of the adult coloring trend. Here more about that and get a pick me in the video below.
What I really want you to know about is the awesome giveaway we are doing. I am giving away 5 of Pam’s new book, Discovering Hope in the Psalms, plus a super fun Quiet Time pack filled with all of my favorite things to have with me when I am doing quiet time with the Lord including:
• Discovering Hope in the Psalms
• This beautiful Study Bible for Women
• A set of colored pencils for exploring God through creativity
• My favorite cup for hot and cold drinks Hydro Flask
• My very favorite pen, the Uniball Air Micro
• An assortment of teas (to keep those creative juices flowing).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
[Resending this podcast episode due to technical difficulties last week]
For those of you who also struggle with weight, health, and generally feeling defeated with anything in your life that feels like it will never be resolved, this is for you. This is me, at my home church, talking about weight (I’d be much more comfortable talking about sex, trust me,) and how I can keep coming back to find hope in what can feel like a hopeless situation. (There may have been a few tears shed…)
Have you ever had one of those… days. What do you do when life feels out of control, when you can’t find peace, when your soul is restless… and it’s the holidays? We talked to Bonnie Gray, author of Finding Spiritual Whitespace about:
- How to embrace the part of you that is real and let go of the business and fluff that tend to overwhelm at this time of the year.
- Creating space in your heart for God in a busy season.
- Practical tips on how you can find spiritual whitespace for your entire family this Christmas.
- How to enjoy the small things this holiday season for a truly joyful, hopeful season.
Click here to read Bonnie’s list of favorite reads (so you can settle your heart with story per her advice) and then listen in as Bonnie Gray brings a breath of fresh air to the frazzle of the season.
Plus, start off 2015 with Bonnie’s online spiritual whitespace book club and start your year with some peace for your soul.
After you listen to the podcast, come back and answer the question below for a chance to win:
1) “The Lost Chapters” free mini-ebook with extra chapters from the book!
2) “Ten Soul Espressos: Top 10 verses on Rest” (a printable)
3) “You Are Loved” digital wallpaper
Descriptions for each item can be found here!
QUESTION – Is God calling you to create whitespace in your heart for Him in a busy season? What does it look like for you?
We are giving away 10 copies of items 1-3 to ten winners, so don’t forget to leave a comment!
The Challenge 2014 is underway and it brings even more goals to accomplish. But how do we make organizing work? Here are Four Quick Start Evaluation Steps to make any organizing goal more manageable:
1. Find two friends (at least) to do the project with you. It doesn’t matter if they’re phone friends, Internet buddies, or face-to-face girlfriends you meet with at Starbucks down the street. Find someone to keep you accountable.
2. Pick a room—any room to start the purge. I would pick the room that’s giving you the most stress and start there. You’ll feel better when some of the pressure is taken off.
3. Evaluate your plan. This is where people often give up. If something doesn’t work, they will scrap the whole idea. You decide what steps you’re going to take each day. Then after trying it, see if that is a good goal. Feel free to change it, but just keep your focus on trying to organize areas of your life.
4. Be flexible. The intention of The 2014 Things Challenge is not to add stress, but to make your life simpler by removing the clutter from your life and helping you stay organized. Just do something, intentionally, every day. If you can be flexible in the day to day goals, you will learn to be flexible when things come up that you cannot control. And in this way, we are no longer jut purging clutter from our homes, but also the clutter of disappointment or anxiety if something doesn’t go perfectly in our life. Because let’s be real. Life on earth is not perfect. But we do have a perfect God that will help us get through it!