In part two of my interview with my co-author Cheri Gregory, we talk about how the last two of the bullies from our book The Cure for the Perfect Life 12 Ways to Stop Trying Harder and Start Living Brave, Performancism and People Pleasing, follow us around and beat us up daily, and what you can do about it.
- Change your mood to match the mood of those around you so you don’t upset them with your happiness/excitement/bad day/ etc?
- Do more so you can seem like more to those around you?
- Have a long to do list out of fear of not being what you want others to perceive you to be?
If you can relate, you may be being bullied by people-pleasing or performancism or both! It’s time to live braver and stop trying harder.
* During this episode, Kathi and Cheri discuss rest and Bonnie Gray’s interview on So Here’s the Thing. That episode can be found here.
* Here’s the link to the free verse downloads
Do you need a Braver Living outlook? Join the 5 Days to Braver Living Devotional!