Kathi and cohost, Erin MacPherson discuss the 7 Tips for Decluttering Sentimenal Stuff. Kathi has been dealing with her own decluttering project and shows before and after pictures of her pantry.
The Clutter Free Bible Study group has done the top layer of decluttering but is now dealing with the things that have sentimental value or promote guilt. Together they came up with some tips for dealing with the next level of clearing out the clutter.
7 Tips for Decluttering Sentimental Stuff
- Start in the Kitchen There are fewer sentimental items there.
- Put motto on the wall. Keep it visible in a place where you can see it.
- Give it a final goodbye. Take a picture and write a memory about it and then get rid of it.
- Remember when everything is precious, nothing is! You can’t keep everything. Some things you need to enjoy and let it go.
- Keep 3 things per person. Three items that represent each person. Curate what is important and pass the rest on to someone else.
- Don’t guilt others into keeping things.
- Don’t value the past or the future and ignore the present. The clutter of the past or saving things for the future can just crowd out your present life.
Just do little things and start small. Let your house serve your present, not your past or your future.
Kathi’s Pantry Before and After
“If you don’t invest in your marriage now, you will have to invest in the recovery of your marriage later.” – Kathi Lipp
Kathi and co-host, Erin MacPherson discuss a reader question about how to keep the romance alive in a marriage. This all too familiar struggle in a life that often feels like survival of the fittest– kids, extracurricular schedules, houses, groceries, sickness, work— is one so many of us can relate to. Kathi and Erin discuss simple ideas to get some romance back in the mix of your marriage without making you feel like you have more check off the to-do list at the end of the day.
Listen in for great ideas, a good dose of humor and a talk that feels like coffee with friends.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! The Holidays are here! How’s everybody doing? Hanging in there? Remembering to breathe and focus on the real reason we celebrate this season?
Need something to make your life a little easier right now?
Here are some of the quick tips and time-savers we’ve come up with to help make this Holiday a wonderful time for you and your family!
If you missed this week’s podcast on our Top 5 Holiday Hacks, take a few minutes and listen in now!
Looking for something to give someone for Christmas who is having a hard time making ends meet? Check out our ideas!
Podcast 128 was all about saving money for Christmas without sacrificing the things that matter and making things less stressful!
Are you looking for easy gifts to give that don’t require a lot of (if any) wrapping? Check out this post!
And if things in your life are just too crazy, maybe you should check out my book Get Yourself Organized! 21 Steps to Less Mess and Stress! (This is an Amazon affiliate link.)
Have a great week!