So this is going to be a crazy week – followed by another crazy week. I need to spend some time cooking ahead so that the troops around here can eat. Trying to find recipes that will fill everyone up (three teenagers with the appetites roughly equivalent to those of professional football players) is a challenge, but this is one of Roger’s favorites- so maybe your guy will love it, too.
Plus, you can triple the recipe so while you’re busy blessing your husband in the coming weeks, you’ll also have the satisfaction of knowing dinner is ready and waiting in the freezer.
In San Jose, the weather is perfect for this warm soup – hope it warms you up wherever you are!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 can Tomato soup
1 can Chicken broth
4 cups Water
1 package Taco seasoning
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Corn
1. Prepare: Cook and shred chicken breasts.
2. Assemble: Mix together tomato soup, chicken broth, water, taco seasoning, chicken and corn. Simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool and freeze in gallon storage bags.
3. Serve: Defrost soup in refrigerator overnight. Warm and serve with jack or cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, and sliced green onions.
We serve this with corn bread and vegetarian refried beans.
This Weekend’s Winners
Crystal from Fremont and Sherry from Campbell won the $10 Starbucks Card! Congrats!!!!
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019