What does your husband consider relaxing?
One of the most marriage-testing conversations a couple can have takes place in the aisles of your local
video store. You want romance and subtitles – he wants guns and grunts.
Let him win the media wars as you suggest an action-packed, car-chasing-things-exploding thriller.
Prayer for Today
Dear God, help me enjoy the things my husband enjoys. Let him see that I try to connect with him in ways that are big and small.
- It doesn’t matter if this happens at home or the local Cineplex. Just find the movie and go.
- Don’t want your husband’s suspicions aroused? If you’re renting, perhaps get two movies – one you both agree on and one just for him.
Find a movie that he will love and watch it together – without whining.
Tell us about your macho movie night; click here.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019