This is from my booklet, The Frozen Gourmet.
This booklet has the top 20 recipes from my freezer cooking club – Six Chicks Freeze and Fix. You can check out the booklet here at:My Bookstore
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbs Vegetable oil
- 1.25 cup Onion
- 2 cup Mushrooms
- 28 oz Crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 tbs Parsley
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Basil
- Parmesan cheese
Prepare: Cut chicken into cubes. Slice onions and mushrooms. Chop garlic.
Cooking: In a large skillet, sauté chicken in vegetable oil until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from skillet and sauté onions, mushrooms, and garlic until the onions are transparent. Add chicken and remaining ingredients except for Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 15 minutes. Allow sauce to cool.
Freeze: Freeze in a 13×9 pan.
Serve: Thaw sauce in the refrigerator overnight. Place the foil-covered pan in a 350° oven for 30 minutes to warm. Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.
I like to serve this with a crisp salad and rosemary bread.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #331 Yes, NO and Maybe with Wendy Pope - November 20, 2018
- Start Here Today: The 10 Clutter Causes to Tackle First - November 19, 2018
- #330 Stretched Too Thin: How Working Moms Can Lose the Guilt, Work Smarter and Thrive with Jessica Turner - November 13, 2018