This is the blog posting where I am suppose to tell you I have had a spiritual revolution and discovered that I am so deep and now will grow my own food at home and never darken the door of a restaurant again.
Um, not quite.
OK, I did learn a few things:
- I have spent way too much time and money one eating out in the past
- I was in some really bad habits when it came to feeding my family.
- I drink way too much Diet Coke
And I learned some things in favor of restaurants:
- There is nothing like going out to lunch with a bunch of girlfriends.
- I’m sorry – making coffee at home does not compare to a Starbucks Misto.
- 5 people X 3 meals = a whole lot of dishes.
I am so glad that we did the challenge as a couple. We got really creative; picnics in the Rose Garden, packing lunches for days out, tons of new recipes and lots of cook outs.
The one slightly spiritual thing that I did learn (for those of you who are looking for the deep,) is that I was using eating out as a way to put some fun and energy into my day instead of turning to the relationships in my life. Eating out requires just deciding if it is a salmon or salad; relationships require energy.
So I am concentrating on relationships (and if they take place in a restaurant, it’s all good…)
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #352 How to be a Focused Mom in a Distracted World with Anne-Renee Gumley and Amanda Bacon - April 16, 2019
- How to Avoid Distractions and Live Out Your God-Given Purpose - April 15, 2019
- #351 Dealing with Family Clutter Part 2 with Tonya Kubo - April 9, 2019