This is the blog posting where I am suppose to tell you I have had a spiritual revolution and discovered that I am so deep and now will grow my own food at home and never darken the door of a restaurant again.
Um, not quite.
OK, I did learn a few things:
- I have spent way too much time and money one eating out in the past
- I was in some really bad habits when it came to feeding my family.
- I drink way too much Diet Coke
And I learned some things in favor of restaurants:
- There is nothing like going out to lunch with a bunch of girlfriends.
- I’m sorry – making coffee at home does not compare to a Starbucks Misto.
- 5 people X 3 meals = a whole lot of dishes.
I am so glad that we did the challenge as a couple. We got really creative; picnics in the Rose Garden, packing lunches for days out, tons of new recipes and lots of cook outs.
The one slightly spiritual thing that I did learn (for those of you who are looking for the deep,) is that I was using eating out as a way to put some fun and energy into my day instead of turning to the relationships in my life. Eating out requires just deciding if it is a salmon or salad; relationships require energy.
So I am concentrating on relationships (and if they take place in a restaurant, it’s all good…)
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019