One of the not-so-secret stashes I have my not-intended collection of mugs.
As a speaker, I often get questionnaires before I come to speak that ask all sorts of personal questions such as:
- What is your favorite candy (sugar free chocolate covered coconut)
- What is your favorite magazine that you don’t subscribe to (InStyle)
- What are your favorite colors (brown, teal, coral and green.)
- What is your favorite drink(tie: Diet Coke, Coffee or Passion Tea – hot or cold)
It’s not that these women are going into stalker mode. When I get such a detailed questionnaire, it usually means that there is a beautiful and thoughtful gift basket waiting for me when I arrive at the hotel/retreat center.
(Here is an example of some sweet swag that the cool chicks from Hillside Church of San Jose gave me when I got to Mt Hermon’s Retreat Center to do their Annual Women’s Retreat.)
So going through my mug collection is hard. I don’t have cute matching mugs to serve guests – I have onsies of everything.
So it is time to make some cuts in my drinking collection.
I am going to get rid of any promo mugs, any sort of freebie water bottle, and cup that advertises an eating establishment. If it doesn’t bring a smile to my face – out it goes!
I am trying to cut down on the number of bottles of water I go through and remember that the water they put in those bottles is EXACTLY THE SAME and the stuff that goes through my Britta Filter – only about 800x the cost.
Let me know what you chuck so I can cheer you on!
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019