One of the not-so-secret stashes I have my not-intended collection of mugs.
As a speaker, I often get questionnaires before I come to speak that ask all sorts of personal questions such as:
- What is your favorite candy (sugar free chocolate covered coconut)
- What is your favorite magazine that you don’t subscribe to (InStyle)
- What are your favorite colors (brown, teal, coral and green.)
- What is your favorite drink(tie: Diet Coke, Coffee or Passion Tea – hot or cold)
It’s not that these women are going into stalker mode. When I get such a detailed questionnaire, it usually means that there is a beautiful and thoughtful gift basket waiting for me when I arrive at the hotel/retreat center.
(Here is an example of some sweet swag that the cool chicks from Hillside Church of San Jose gave me when I got to Mt Hermon’s Retreat Center to do their Annual Women’s Retreat.)
So going through my mug collection is hard. I don’t have cute matching mugs to serve guests – I have onsies of everything.
So it is time to make some cuts in my drinking collection.
I am going to get rid of any promo mugs, any sort of freebie water bottle, and cup that advertises an eating establishment. If it doesn’t bring a smile to my face – out it goes!
I am trying to cut down on the number of bottles of water I go through and remember that the water they put in those bottles is EXACTLY THE SAME and the stuff that goes through my Britta Filter – only about 800x the cost.
Let me know what you chuck so I can cheer you on!
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019