We are still getting ready for whatever is going to be hitting in your area of your country this fall and winter. One of my bloggy BFFs, Stacy Cohen, is sharing some great info to get ready.
Just so you know, what I have been doing to get ready is making up my supply kit a little bit at a time. Each week I am going to the store and get a few more things at the same time I’m picking up prescriptions or buying groceries (to go along with the frozen meals.)
Here is what Stacy has to say:
In honor of National Preparedness Month, the Ad Council and FEMA are launching a new series of public service advertisements on behalf of the Ready Campaign. http://www.ready.gov/
The goal of the Ready Campaign is to get the public involved and ultimately to increase the level of basic preparedness across the nation. Ready is nationwide effort to encourage Americans to take simple steps to prepare for emergencies in their homes, businesses and schools.
The campaign asks individuals to:
(1) get an emergency supply kit
(2) make a family emergency plan
(3) be informed about the different types of emergencies that could occur and their appropriate responses
I thought you might be interested in sharing this important information with your readers. Here is an interactive widget you can embed on your blog that provides updates on emergency situations, emergency kit checklists, and preparedness guidelines: http://seed.sproutbuilder.com/vgA3Qu3yD0Rq3Krh
Your readers also might be interested in using this interactive emergency family plan tool: http://ready.adcouncil.org/beprepared/
Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional information. Thanks for your help in spreading this important message and encouraging your readers to be prepared!
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019