Win today’s giveaway! Just tell us what you did (or are going to do!) for today’s Project by 7:00 PST on Wednesday and you will be entered into the drawing for today’s giveaway: The Frozen Gourmet
For most women, the hardest thing about cooking dinner is deciding what to make. Developed by Kathi’s Cooking Club, Six Chicks Freeze And Fix, The Frozen Gourmet contains 20 of their families’ favorite recipes. Save time, save money and save your sanity The Frozen Gourment Way!
So leave your comment below to be entered to win!
While this is the first week of our project, if you have friends who want to join in, let them know that they can jump in any time. You don’t need to have The Husband Project book in order to participate, but you definitely will get more out of this(and be able to plan better) if you read along. You can order it on Amazon or for a special price on my website.
And our winner of yesterday’s giveaway The Power of Prayer to Change Your Marriage is Gretta! Please e-mail my assistant Kimberly at email@example.com and she will put it in the mail!!!
Heart vs. Stomach
A Treat Just for Him
Get a food treat for your husband that he’s not required to share with you or any other family member.
Prayer for Today
Dear God, I want my husband to know that he is honored and cherished, even in the little things I do for him.
Stumped for ideas? Here are some thoughts:
· Get his favorite pint of Ben & Jerry’s and hide it behind the frozen chicken. Even if you buy it on Tuesday, you’ll have it ready and waiting for his special night later in the week.
· Is there a certain cut of meat that your husband loves? How about having the butcher cut something just for him? Most supermarkets will even do the marinade for you – one less thing to think about.
· Is there a certain candy that your husband loves from his childhood? Check out www.candywarehouse.com. They have all the nostalgic candy you could want (Black Jack Gum, anyone?) while also carrying any modern favorite you could be looking for.
· My husband’s family loves something called “noodles and mashed potatoes” (we lovingly refer to it as “The Starch Fest”). I learned how to make this special dish just for him.
· My guy loves the smell of baking almost as much as he enjoys eating the treat. Have some brownies in the oven when he gets home from work or working out. (I know, it negates the workout, but isn’t chocolate always worth it?)
· Our friend Scott mentioned that he loves cranberry sauce, but eats it only at Thanksgiving. His wife intentionally made the holiday treat for him this past July.
· Are you a wife who is an expert at low-cal salads and other forms of chick-food? Check out The Husband Project’s List of Guy Food for some manly inspiration.
“My lactose intolerant husband loves soy ice cream (bleck) and he has run out of his favorite kind that we can only get at a certain market in town. So…today, I will schlep to the market on the other side of town and pick up some Chocolate Peanut Butter Soy Dream Ice Cream. And he can eat ALL of it.”
“Easiest project so far! Pace Picante salsa HOT with tortilla chips plus a run to KFC for hot wings. I love that this project coincided with “Big Game” day – it made my day to love on him with his favorite football snacks!”
“I actually combined two days in one today. I was my husband’s buddy and watched the Seahawks –
“I am going on a scrapbooking retreat. So I thought I would leave him one of his favorite treats and leave little sweet notes around the house for him to find while I am gone.”
“I wish I found a treat revolting, then my scale would show a different number. But what I did was put the dark chocolate bar that he got for Christmas in a special place in the refrigerator and told him that it was there and that I would not eat any of it. If you can believe it, he is the type that will eat just a little piece from it and make it last for a long time. I, on the other hand, would’ve devoured it by now!”
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.