So here is a philosophical question: What if you wrote a blog posting and nobody read it? Would it still be a blog posting? I messed up my posting while I was out of tome for the weekend (without internet). So we are a couple of days behind. that’s OK, your husband will still love your loving – no matter when it happens.
Win today’s giveaway! Just tell us what you did (or are going to do!) for today’s Project by 7:00 PST on Tuesday and you will be entered into the drawing for today’s prize: Red Hot Monogamy by Bill and Pam Farrel
With their trademark insight, humor, and candid personal perspectives, Bill and Pam Farrel reveal the truths about the sexual relationship in marriage and what husbands and wives need to know to keep the embers burning.
- Sex is like fireworks!—why a little skill turns marriage into red–hot monogamy
- How sex works best emotionally, physically, and physiologically
- How to avoid the pleasure thieves that steal your chance for fulfillment
The Farrels present difficult–to–discuss topics and biblical truths in universal language with sensitivity, fun, and understanding.
For newlyweds, golden anniversary celebrants, and all couples in between—this book inspires the gift of romance and passion to fuel lives with love.
So leave your comment below to be entered to win!
While this is the first week of our project, if you have friends who want to join in, let them know that they can jump in any time. You don’t need to have The Husband Project book in order to participate, but you definitely will get more out of this(and be able to plan better) if you read along. You can order it on Amazon or for a special price on my website.
And yesterday’s winner? Stacy! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get it right out to you!
A Little Hands-on Attention
Meeting Your Husband’s Physical (Touch) Needs
“When you touch a body, you touch the whole person, the intellect, the spirit, and the emotions.”
– Jane Harrington
“He who feels it, knows it more.”
– Bob Marley
Do something to help your husband enjoy physical touch. Find something that will help him relax. New pillows, massage lotions, a back rub…your choice. Make it something that both of you will enjoy.
What does your husband consider relaxing?
Here’s the project where you get to choose between Thai, Indian, and Moroccan, learn about choosing and blending oils, and get elbow-deep in the technique of kneading. Nope – it’s not watching the Food Chanel together – it’s all about massage.
Remember when you were dating how hard it was to keep your hands off of each other? Fortunately, Roger and I had excellent chaperones while we were engaged (four teenage kids). I remember thinking, “I cannot wait to be married so we can actually be alone and do all this hugging and kissing and…”
After a few years of marriage, however, I seem to have developed excellent self-control.
If I had to pick one love language for my husband, it would definitely be physical touch. He loves the feel of my hands on the back of his neck, wants to sit oh-so-close on the couch, and practically sits up and pants if I offer to scratch his back.
Prayer for Today
Dear God, help me to step out of my comfort zone and love my husband in a way that meets his needs.
- I’m way more inspired to do this project when I’ve just purchased a new lotion or massage oil. Run to the mall and buy a jar of “inspiration.”
- Get some luxurious new sheets – whether you’re into silk, bamboo, or flannel, buy the best quality you can afford. Make your bed a cocoon that you can both snuggle down in and resist getting out of.
- People let their pillows go far too long without being replaced. Take a look at yours – do they say luxury or limp, lumpy, and lifeless? May be time to lay your head on something new.
- Do you feel stymied because you know your husband would love a massage, but you have no idea how to do it? You can pick up a book, or better yet, ask him to show you what would feel best. There’s nothing better than a little hands-on instruction.
“If there’s one thing that’ll bring my husband to his knees, accompanied by a long drawn out “ahhhhhh,” it’s a hand massage. (Not what you were expecting, was it?) My husband loves it when I get some nice thick cream (Shea Butter is wonderful) and massage it into his hands and forearms. He’s in heaven within about three seconds of me starting, and by the time I’m done he’s virtually putty. (And, if you’re wondering, this massage rarely leads to something else, because by the time I’m done he’s already half asleep.)”
“When we were dating I used to give my husband foot massages regularly. He kept saying “When we get married this will all stop.” Not right after we were married but about a year down the road he was right – they became few and far between. Guess it’s time to give him a nice long foot massage! I think I will add that into my weekly schedule.”
“We’ve been sleeping on mismatched sheets for the past six months… so, getting new sheets was not only what we needed but, just in time for this project. Let me tell you how nice it was for the both of us to slip into Egyptian cotton bed sheets~ Yeah, it was NICE~ You can get my point. OK. This one worked for the both of us.”
“I love this. Not being a “touch” sort of person myself, I realize this is an area I’ve (selfishly?) neglected. I happen to have just a little something tucked away from the last time I got inspired. Going to dust the bottle off, take a shower, invite my playmate to bed…”
“My husband has a lot of problems with his sinuses. So as we where relaxing, I had him rest his head in my lap and rubbed his head for him.”
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019
- #367: How to Live Small for Your Biggest and Best Life - July 30, 2019
- #366 The DIY Style Finder: Discover Your Unique Style & Decorate it Yourself Part 2 - July 23, 2019