Let him win the media wars as you suggest an action-packed-car-chasing-things-exploding thriller.
It’s the last day of the challenge – plus it’s the day before Thanksgiving – the perfect time to snuggle down and watch a movie with your man. Congrats on getting this far – so take a little time to relax with your man.
So in the interest of public service to the wife community, I’ve compiled a list of guy movies for you to choose from.
Thanks to my guy friends for their insight and comments. They have preformed a great service to women everywhere.
Anything with Al Pacino
Anything with Marlon Brando (pre-Don Juan Demarco)
Anything with Bruce Willis
Field of Dreams
“Baseball. Need I say more?” Steve
We are Marshall
“Inspiring, true, sports story,” Scott
Back to the Future trilogy
Steve says,” I’ve always been interested in time travel. The only think that would have made it better would be a cameo by Molly Ringwald.”
Mission Impossible 1,2,3,
Bourne Supremacy and all the sequels
Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King
“Great story, great action, worth sitting through three hours.” Karl
“Total macho movie, lots of action, however good plot and I love the soundtrack. This is one of the few movies where you don’t mind being the guy wearing the skirt.” Karl
Saving Private Ryan
Steve says, “Groundbreaking cinema, pro-military without being pro-war.”
The Shawshank Redemption
“Morgan Freeman and good over evil. What more could you ask for?” Charles
(Note from Kathi: While these are the hardest movies for me to watch, they do give me ample opportunity to bury my face in my husband’s shoulder.)
“Seriously funny movie, quotes are memorable and make me laugh out loud whenever I think about that movie.” Karl
(This was a trick category – if you think this falls under guy movies, you are still thinking like a chick.)
Movies Both Guys and Girls Like
This is a magical list. Every Hollywood producer is looking for that mystical intersection of entertaining males and delighting females. Here’s a group of movies that, from my research, is a pretty sure bet for both of you:
Princess Bride – Don’t let the title fool you – even the teenage boys in our home love this movie.
What’s Up, Doc?
Indiana Jones (1 and 3 – but don’t even bother with 2)
Field of Dreams
Only to be watched with girlfriends and large supplies of tissues and chocolates.
• An Affair to Remember
• Breakfast at Tiffany’s
• Steel Magnolias
• Fried Green Tomatoes
• Say Anything (John Cusack declaring his eternal love with a boom box? It’s the fantasy of many a girl and the impossible-to-live-up-to standard for every guy.)
• Anything with Meg Ryan
• Anything written by Jane Austin
Prayer for Today
Dear God, help me enjoy the things that my husband enjoys – let him see that I try to connect with him in ways that are big and small.
• It doesn’t matter if this happens at home or at the local Cineplex. Just find the movie and go.
• Don’t want your husband’s suspicions to be aroused? Perhaps get two movies – one that you both agree on and one just for him.
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019