Ecclesiastes 7:30 JB “God made man simple; man’s complex problems are of his own devising.”
But I do have one thing in common with the bleached blond duo – I’m trying to live a Simpler Life.
Roger and I have been toying with and dancing around the edges of what we want to live without. And then, two big realities hit at once.
- 1. We had more month left at the end of our checks each month.
- We have been feeling a shallowness in our spirits.
We have been so busy running around working for God, that we haven’t had a lot of time to be hanging with God. And let’s be honest, the amount of distractions in my life – almost all self-imposed – have not been helping.
Roger and I are going to be taking some active steps to not only live more simply on the outside, but also to make sure that the actions we are taking are a refection of a growing peace in our inner lives.
We are going to be giving up a lot of stuff, (a list of those will be posted on Tuesday,) but we hope to gain a lot of stuff in the meanwhile:
- More peace
- More connectedness with God
- More family/couple time
- More freedom to help those in need
Am I alone? Do any of you struggle with this desire for a more Christ-centered life? A less chaotic, simpler life? If so, would you be willing to share what your biggest struggle is?
Or maybe you have had some victory in this area. I would love to hear what got you to the place of peace.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019