Ecclesiastes 7:30 JB “God made man simple; man’s complex problems are of his own devising.”
But I do have one thing in common with the bleached blond duo – I’m trying to live a Simpler Life.
Roger and I have been toying with and dancing around the edges of what we want to live without. And then, two big realities hit at once.
- 1. We had more month left at the end of our checks each month.
- We have been feeling a shallowness in our spirits.
We have been so busy running around working for God, that we haven’t had a lot of time to be hanging with God. And let’s be honest, the amount of distractions in my life – almost all self-imposed – have not been helping.
Roger and I are going to be taking some active steps to not only live more simply on the outside, but also to make sure that the actions we are taking are a refection of a growing peace in our inner lives.
We are going to be giving up a lot of stuff, (a list of those will be posted on Tuesday,) but we hope to gain a lot of stuff in the meanwhile:
- More peace
- More connectedness with God
- More family/couple time
- More freedom to help those in need
Am I alone? Do any of you struggle with this desire for a more Christ-centered life? A less chaotic, simpler life? If so, would you be willing to share what your biggest struggle is?
Or maybe you have had some victory in this area. I would love to hear what got you to the place of peace.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #352 How to be a Focused Mom in a Distracted World with Anne-Renee Gumley and Amanda Bacon - April 16, 2019
- How to Avoid Distractions and Live Out Your God-Given Purpose - April 15, 2019
- #351 Dealing with Family Clutter Part 2 with Tonya Kubo - April 9, 2019