It’s bad for you, it has too many calories, too much fat and it is a terrible rut to fall into. That is, fast food that you order through a drive through intercom.
Fast food at home is a whole different story. Fast food at home is a staple in most homes and a much better alternative (cheaper, healthier, and better tasting) than resorting to figuring out what number order at McJack-n-Bell.
So to help you out on your busy nights running kids to activities and getting to PTA meetings I’ll be sharing some of my favorite Kitchen Fast Food recipes. This first one is a real kid pleaser. To keep the calories at a minimum, have kids share an add some veggies to round it out.
Instant Pepperoni Calzones
- 1 can Pre-made Pizza Crust. You can use low-fat crust
- 20 slices Turkey Pepperoni
- 1/3 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Colby Cheddar Shredded Cheese Mix
Preheat oven to 400.
Roll out pizza dough on a flowered cutting board. Cut the dough into quarters and shape each quarter into a square.
Put five pepperoni slices on one half corner of each square pizza dough.
Mix together the cheese and marinara sauce. Place a spoonful on top of the pepperoni. Repeat on each of the dough squares.
Fold each rectangle in half, corner to corner; seal edges with fork. Put on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Now you tell me – what is one of your family’s favorite go-to meals for Fast Food at Home?
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019