You can accomplish a great deal while watching your favorite TV program. Here are 30 Organizing Projects you can do the next time your favorite show is on.
1. Clean out your handbag
2. Clear out your phone of email
3. Clean your keyboard
4. Take unused keys off your keychain
5. Match all your unmatched socks
6. Go through a stack of magazines and recycle anything older than three months
7. Check the balance on a gift card online and write the amount on the front with a permanent marker
8. Put bookplates in your books
9. File Recipes
10. Shred documents with personal info on them (only during commercials)
11. Make a meal plan for this week
12. Go through all your pens and throw out the ones that are dried up
13. Go through your DVDs and put any in a bag that you don’t watch anymore so you can give them away
14. Sort your mail
15. Clean out your diaper bag
16. Answer 10 easy emails
17. Grab a kitchen drawer and sort through it and wipe it down
18. Address and send birthday cards for the month
19. Write 3 thank you notes
20. Start a shopping list
21. Fix a button on a shirt
22. Fold three loads of laundry (and put them away during the commercials)
23. Cut out coupons and put them in your wallet
24. Gather up any business cards and put them in your computer contacts
25. Take pictures of your kids artwork before “thinning it out” (throwing it away)
26. Clean out your child’s backpack
27. Make sure your family calendars match
28. Download photos from your phone to PC (or set up for it to be done automatically through Facebook)
29. Order supplies online (ink, batteries, craft supplies, specialty foods, vitamins, etc.)
30. Download movies, audio books or music for your next flight or road trip
Q4USo tell me – what do you like to get done while watching your favorite TV show?
I don’t watch TV. So I get a lot done after work. When I’m ready to relax. It’s a drink in my favorite chair in my garden. Hubby put speakers out there. So it’s music and a book. Or good company. If I feel compelled to do something. It’s fill the birdbath or water fountains. Learn to shut it off and you won’t worry about the small stuff…. you’ll have more than enough time to get it all done
I do tons of ironing
i do ironing tons of it
I complete online surveys.
I give myself a mani/pedi.
Me, too! It’s a time consuming task, might as well lump all of our “me-time” tasks together. Mani-Pedi & a Marathon (and a Margarita…).
I love this, too! Nothing better than relaxing back to a Netflix marathon while the polish dries… I also like to time in a face mask while I’m at it! Great tips, Kathy!
great idea my dear !
ME TOO! LOL
I pull out and clean drawers.
These are all great ideas, but why do we women feel we can’t just sit and watch the TV program? Yes, I have been known to do many of the things on Kathi’s list, but I am also learning that the reason I’m so weary is I have no idea how to just chillax (as my college daughter would say). I think we might accomplish more if we gave ourself some down time.
Kathi’s ideas are all wonderful, but I agree we don’t need to keep doing stuff, we can chillax!! My 14 year and me look foward so much to our movie nite on Friday + other times together to watch TV, I find it so bonding and feel so special.
Great ideas especially when I feel like I should be doing so me thing, but not sure what. Quick and productive tasks.
Great list, Kathi! Only problem is that my husband would NOT like it if I was super busy with tasks during our couch time. I recently asked him what was the most meaningful time I spend with him and he said it was our “couch time” . . . so I’ll have to save these awesome organizing activities for my own personal TV watching time – wait, what is that exactly?? First I’ll have to wrestle the remote away from my husband and the four kiddos . . . lol. I might need my own TV somewhere (hidden so no one else can find it.) As always, thanks for your wonderful advice and encouragement. I hope you are well!!
too funny! Yes, couch time with hubby trumps chores 🙂
Handsew hems, repair garments, floor exercises, crochet granny squares