It’s easy to put your worth in your children’s failures and successes. In this week’s episode, Kathi and guest, Erin MacPherson, author of the Christian Mama’s Guide series, discuss being a part of the Bad Moms Club. While most moms are striving to be the best mom she can be, she is usually riddled with doubt, guilt and worry. If this sounds like you, take heart, you aren’t alone.
Kathi and Erin discuss ways to get through this journey of motherhood from birth through young adulthood. Some of the highlights include:
- “Don’t judge your parenting on one bad day!”- One bad day doesn’t undo all that parenting that you’ve poured into your kid/s.
- “Find your people that will still be a fan of your kid even when he/she doesn’t make the best decision.”- When our child has royally messed up, there is something about another adult who you admire seeing something besides “future adult delinquent” in your child that will give you hope.
- “Don’t put your faith in the sheep, put it in the Shepherd.”- We base the outcome of our lives on the actions of our children. Wrong. Our hope is only in God.
If you are in need of some encouragement through your mom walk, this one is for you. After you listen, comment below on what struck a cord with you the most. You’ll be entered to win a copy for you and a friend of Kathi’s new book, I Need Some Help Here! Help for When Your Kids Don’t Go According to Plan. In fact, two winners will win a copy for her and a friend!
Summer is here and the kids are already complaining that they are bored. You want them to have fun, and let’s face it, you want to have some fun too without breaking the bank. Download this summer bucket list for 100 things to do this summer with the kids that both you and they will enjoy.
No boring summers here! Download and have some fun!
Meet Our Guest
Erin MacPherson lives in Austin, Texas with her husband Cameron, her sons Joey and Will and her daughter Kate. She is the author of “The Christian Mama’s Guide Series“, a staff writer for Dun & Bradstreet and a freelancer for publications like Thriving Family Magazine, MOPS MomSense, FamilyLife Magazine, Daily Guideposts and BEMag. She blogs about her life, her kids and her faith at ChristianMamasGuide.com.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019
- #367: How to Live Small for Your Biggest and Best Life - July 30, 2019
- #366 The DIY Style Finder: Discover Your Unique Style & Decorate it Yourself Part 2 - July 23, 2019