Being a stepparent is HARD.
What can you do as a stepmom, or a friend to a stepmom, to make it less frustrating and bring peace to a blended family?
Erin interviews Kathi and co-author of their new book, But I’m Not a Wicked Stepmother, Carol Boley to discuss what it’s like to be a stepmom. Whether you are a new stepmom, a seasoned bonus mom, or have a friend who is, Kathi and Carol give us some great tips on:
- Keeping a realistic view of what to expect
- What is normal and why you are doing WAY better than you think you are
- How to support a friend in a stepmother role
- Why and how to have a tough skin especially in the first few years
Listen in and share with the ladies you know can hear an encouraging word. But I’m Not a Wicked Stepmother is now available.
For those times when you need an uplifting word from God himself to get through the day, this quick view of verses will encourage you to keep up the good work. Hang it in your closet or keep a copy in your purse for that next discouraging moment.
Meet Our Guest
Carol Boley Carol Boley has been involved in women’s ministry for more than 35 years and understands the needs, fears and joys of a woman’s heart. Carol has years of experience writing for such publications as Guideposts, Focus on the Family and Better Family Living. Carol also leads seminars and workshops specializing in family-related topics.
Find out more about Carol at CarolBoley.com
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019