Are you a stepmom? One of the best ways not to feel like a wicked stepmother is to accept your husband just like he is. But how can you do it when you may be struggling to accept everything (and everyone) that comes with him?
Accepting Your Husband
- Remember that part of your paycheck belongs to another woman.
- Remember that his children came before you in time.
- Think about whether or not your heart is committed enough to his children.
- Remember he carries guilt for his part in a broken marriage.
- Remember he has to unlearn old patterns of relating and has to learn to live with you.
You can find more great info in my book But I’m Not a Wicked Stepmother!
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019