Building a team can be a game changer. Whether it is a family team, a volunteer team, a job team or your own business, learning how to lead and manage a team makes a huge difference. Building a team sets you free to work on the things that only YOU can do. We all need help and building a team provides the help you need in an organized fashion that builds up everyone involved in the team.
Kathi and Overwhelm co-author, Cheri Gregory discuss 4 way to build your team.
- Reciprocal Help – What is overwhelming to you is not overwhelm for someone else. When you trade your talents, everyone uses their talents.
- Interns – Offering training and other perks in return for work is a win/win for all involved if you have the right person in the position. Your kids can be considered interns. You are training them to not need you! You want them to be able to take care of themselves.
- Paid Help – Everyone says they can’t afford paid help but it can actually save you money. It frees you up to work on the most important things. Paid help can be a babysitter, housecleaner, virtual assistant or groundskeeper, etc.
- Cooperative Help – Divide the work. It can be divided between family members, partners, etc.
Listen in and learn how building a team has helped Kathi and Cheri overcome the overwhelm of running a business.
Meet Our Guest
Cheri Gregory is a teacher, speaker, author, and Certified Personality Trainer. Her passion is helping women break free from destructive expectations. She writes and speaks from the conviction that “how to” works best in partnership with “heart, too.”
Cheri is the co-author, with Kathi Lipp, of The Cure for the “Perfect” Life and the upcoming Overwhelmed.
Cheri has been “wife of my youth” to Daniel, her opposite personality, for twenty-eight years and is “Mom” to Annemarie (25) and Jonathon (23), also opposite personalities.
Cheri blogs about perfectionism, people-pleasing, highly sensitive people, and hope at www.cherigregory.com.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019
- #367: How to Live Small for Your Biggest and Best Life - July 30, 2019
- #366 The DIY Style Finder: Discover Your Unique Style & Decorate it Yourself Part 2 - July 23, 2019