Creating your personal manifesto is an amazing way to pre-decide how you are going to handle certain people or situations. Check out Kathi and Cheri’s and even a few of our favorites from those that sent them in that have already read Overwhelmed.
Hopefully, you didn’t make a New Year’s Resolution this year and instead created a Personal Manifesto. What is a personal manifesto? A personal manifesto is a series of present tense statements that embodies your values in reference to who you are and who you aspire to be through God’s grace and power. While resolutions are pass/fail and sometimes tear you down, manifestos build you up and help you to make positive changes in your life.
Tips for Living Your Priorities
Kathi and Overwhelmed co-author, Cheri Gregory provide three tips for living out your manifesto.
- Microsteps – Small steps when baby steps are too big. Microsteps are useful when each step requires different parts of your brain and totally different functions. Many of us are used to all or nothing thinking and this creates overwhelm. Microsteps breaks the bonds of procrastination and perfectionism.
- Prep and Plan Day – Once a week you reserve time to take care of the business of life. Prep is for the short term – the coming week. Planning is long-term.
- Morning and Evening Routines – Having routines limits the decisions you have to make and helps with overwhelm.
Listen in and learn how you can live your priorities and implement the above steps. Mentioned Links: Refrigerator Bread Recipe
Meet Our Guest
Cheri Gregory is a teacher, speaker, author, and Certified Personality Trainer. Her passion is helping women break free from destructive expectations. She writes and speaks from the conviction that “how to” works best in partnership with “heart, too.”
Cheri is the co-author, with Kathi Lipp, of The Cure for the “Perfect” Life and the upcoming Overwhelmed.
Cheri has been “wife of my youth” to Daniel, her opposite personality, for twenty-eight years and is “Mom” to Annemarie (25) and Jonathon (23), also opposite personalities.
Cheri blogs about perfectionism, people-pleasing, highly sensitive people, and hope at www.cherigregory.com.
Latest posts by Angela Garvey (see all)
- Episode #233 – Living Out Your Personal Manifesto - January 3, 2017
- Episode #225- Get Yourself Organized for Thanksgiving - November 8, 2016
- The Best of Kathi Lipp-#125 Wanting God More Than Anything Else (Revisited) - November 10, 2015