French Toast from America’s Test Kitchen
1 large egg
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for frying
¾ cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
? cup unbleached all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon table salt
4 – 5 slices day-old challah bread, (3/4-inch-thick) or 6 to 8 slices day-old sandwich bread
1. Heat 10- to 12-inch skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, beat egg lightly in shallow pan or pie plate; whisk in butter, then milk and vanilla, and finally sugar, flour, and salt, continuing to whisk until smooth. Soak bread without oversaturating, about 40 seconds per side for challah or 30 seconds per side for sandwich bread. Pick up bread and allow excess batter to drip off; repeat with remaining slices.
2. Swirl 1 tablespoon butter in hot skillet. Transfer prepared bread to skillet; cook until golden brown, about 1 minute 45 seconds on first side and 1 minute on the second. Serve immediately. Continue, adding 1 tablespoon butter to skillet for each new batch.
Insta-Pot Chicken Enchiladas
3 chicken breasts
1 cup stock
Pressure cook 12 mins, slow release, shred.
1 jar green enchilada sauce
1 carton sour cream
1 bag jack cheese
Roll chicken mix in corn tortillas. Cover with a jar of green enchilada sauce and more jack cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 min
Kathi and co-host Erin MacPherson discuss Clutter Free Kitchens. When your kitchen is clutter free you can cook more and find everything. They also share the tools they use that they can’t live without. From the instant pot to the ninja coffee maker they each share their favorite kitchen tools.
This post isn’t about things you should run out and buy. You don’t need more stuff, but this about you having things that make you happy and your life more enjoyable. Kathi talks about purchasing tools, not trinkets to make your home a better place to be.
Share with us your kitchen tool that you can’t live without in the comments.
The List of Kitchen Tools:
Below is a list of the kitchen items Kathi and Erin can’t live without.
Share this episode!
Meet Our Guest
Co-host - Erin MacPherson
Erin MacPherson lives in Austin, Texas with her husband Cameron, her sons Joey and Will and her daughter Kate. She is the author of “The Christian Mama’s Guide Series“, a staff writer for Dun & Bradstreet and a freelancer for publications like Thriving Family Magazine, MOPS MomSense, FamilyLife Magazine, Daily Guideposts and BEMag. She blogs about her life, her kids and her faith at ChristianMamasGuide.com.
- 488: 10 Ways to Prep for a Clutter Free Holiday Part 1 - November 23, 2021
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019