People-pleasing is exhausting. Like Kathi says, it reminds her of Christmastime when “We’re baking cookies that nobody asked for.” Kathi’s friend, Cheri Gregory and co-author of “You Don’t Have to Try So Hard,” sit down to discuss why saying “sorry” is something women tend to do too much of.
“When you come to realize that you are suppressing your own emotions so that somebody else will not experience negative emotions, that’s not okay,” says Kathi.
In Today’s Episode, You Will:
- Find out why you are apologizing when you don’t have to.
- Why letting yourself off the hook opens yourself up to the necessary apologies you need to make.
- Learn how to say “Thank You” instead of “I’m Sorry”.
- Know how to find out if you are in fact, a people-pleaser.
Grab a copy of You Don’t Have to Try So Hard-
Releases September 4, 2018
Ditch your feelings of inadequacy and finally came face-to-face with the bold, balanced woman God created you to be. Grab your copy from your favorite retailer and join our book club in September. All the details can be found here.
WIN A COPY OF YOU DON’T HAVE TO TRY SO HARD!
Enter to win a You Don’t Have to Try So Hard gift pack from Harvest House by commenting below: What is one way can you put up a healthy boundary into your life this week?
Downloads from this episode
Thanks for Listening!
Special thanks to Cheri for joining me this week! Join us next week where we’ll be talking about why we over-perform when we’re feeling like we’re not enough.
Meet Our Guest
Cheri Gregory is a teacher, speaker, author, and Certified Personality Trainer. Her passion is helping women break free from destructive expectations. She writes and speaks from the conviction that “how to” works best in partnership with “heart, too.” Cheri is the co-author, with Kathi Lipp, of The Cure for the “Perfect” Life and Overwhelmed.
Cheri has been “wife of my youth” to Daniel, her opposite personality, for twenty-eight years and is “Mom” to Annemarie (25) and Jonathon (23), also opposite personalities.
Cheri blogs about perfectionism, people-pleasing, highly sensitive people, and hope at www.cherigregory.com.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #348 The Minimalist Home: A Room-by-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused Life with Joshua Becker Part 1 - March 19, 2019
- #347 Finding Freedom from the Fear, Guilt and Shame with Melissa Maimone - March 12, 2019
- When “Getting Over It” Just Doesn’t Work – Trusting God with Your Biggest Problem - March 11, 2019