On today’s bonus episode, Kathi welcomes back Myquillyn Smith, author of Cozy Minimalist Home. Myquillyn shares her best tips for shifting your mind, house and habits for going from cluttered to cozy.
On today’s info-filled show you’ll learn:
- Why you need designated empty surfaces and décor surfaces in your home
- How to properly use storage spaces
- Myquillyn’s favorite storage items
- Why having some white space on your walls is essential
Plus Myquillyn shares some great tips for renters.
Cozy Minimalist Home releases on October 23, 2018!
Enter to Win!
Head over to Tuesday’s post to enter to win a copy of Myquillyn’s book!
*US residents only
Or buy the book here.
Thanks for Listening!
Meet Our Guest
For the last ten years, Myquillyn Smith, known online as “The Nester,” has encouraged women to embrace their homes – imperfections and all. In Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff (Zondervan), Myquillyn helps readers see their home’s hidden potential and create beautiful, functional spaces they love.
Myquillyn is a self-taught, design school dropout who took a week-long course so she could be a certified home stager and redesigner. She and her family have lived in 13 different houses, apartments and condos and spent plenty of time getting real world design experience. Millions of women have been inspired by Myquillyn’s blog, The Nesting Place and her home has been featured in Better Homes & Gardens, Ladies’ Home Journal, Cottages and Bungalows and the Charlotte Observer. Christianity Today named her one of 20 Creative Innovators of 2016. Her first book, The Nesting Place: It Doesn’t Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful, released in 2014.
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019