On today’s episode of the podcast, Kathi is joined by Anne-Renee Gumley and Amanda Bacon, authors of the new book Shiny Things: Mothering on Purpose in a World of Distraction. Kathi, Anne-Renee and Amanda discuss the challenges of living and parenting with purpose in a time when we are inundated by distractions as well as offer some help for how to stay focused on your most important priorities.
On today’s show you’ll learn:
• Why distraction and clutter are “kissing-cousins”
• The biggest distractions for women
• When distractions are harmless and when they are hurtful
The generous people over at Harvest House want to give our readers Amanda Bacon and Anne-Renee Gumley’s book, Shiny Things. 5 people will win a copy and 1 grand prize winner will receive:
• A copy of Shiny Things
• Rustic Felt Letter Board 10×10
• A Notebook Journal
• 18 Colored Felt Pens
Enter to win by commenting over on yesterday’s blog post
Don’t wait to win! Get a copy of the book here.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
Meet Our Guest
Anne-Renee Gumley and Amanda Bacon
Anne-Renee Gumley and her husband, Andrew, live in Alaska, with their two children and a bunny. Her days are a messy mix of work, motherhood, and ministry, with time reserved for bike rides, breakfast foods, and bonfires. She loves words—especially the mom related ones.
Amanda Bacon lives in North Carolina with her husband, Jeremy, and their eight children. She works for Proverbs 31 Ministries and loves encouraging women with biblical truth and authenticity. When she isn’t driving carpool or feeding people, you can find her writing, reading, or wandering outdoors. Learn more.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- #356 BONUS An Interview with Ty Pennington on Creativity and How to Get Your Most Important Work Done Part 2 - May 16, 2019
- #356 An Interview with Ty Pennington on Creativity and How to Get Your Most Important Work Done - May 14, 2019
- #355 Dealing with the Most Difficult Relationships with Blythe Daniel and Helen McIntosh - May 7, 2019