On today’s episode of the podcast, Kathi tackles “the mother of all topics”, mother-daughter relationships. Kathi is joined by Blythe Daniel and Helen McIntosh, authors of Mended: Restoring the Hearts of Mothers and Daughters. Kathi, Blythe and Helen discuss the heart clutter that can build up from unhealthy patterns of communication between mothers and daughters.
On today’s show you’ll learn:
- Why clutter is just a physical manifestation of the fear, guilt and shame that we have in our lives
- Why asking before giving advice can help strengthen mother-daughter relationships
- How healing between mothers and daughters can sometimes comes from doing hard things together
Don’t miss our fantastic giveaway sponsored by Harvest House! One grand prize winner will receive a copy of the book Mended, a gorgeous wood frame, fruit infuser water bottle, and assorted note cards.
To enter, visit the blog post from yesterday at https://www.kathilipp.com/2019/05/kids-and-how-to-handle-their-clutter.
To share your thoughts:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Meet Our Guest
Blythe Daniel & Helen McIntosh
Blythe Daniel is a literary agent and marketer with 20 plus years of experience in publishing. She is a speaker at writer’s conferences and is interviewed for podcasts and webinars. She has written for Christian Retailing and Focus on the Family publications, and she links hundreds of bloggers with millions of readers through BlogAbout. Her passion is helping authors share their unique stories. The daughter of Dr. Helen McIntosh, she lives in Colorado with her husband and three children. www.theblythedanielagency.com
Dr. Helen McIntosh (EdD, Counseling Psychology) is a counselor, speaker, educator, and author of Messages to Myself and Eric, Jose & The Peace Rug®. Her work has appeared in Guideposts, ParentLife, and HomeLife magazines. She resides in Georgia with her husband Jim. They have two children and five grandchildren. Learn more.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019
- #367: How to Live Small for Your Biggest and Best Life - July 30, 2019
- #366 The DIY Style Finder: Discover Your Unique Style & Decorate it Yourself Part 2 - July 23, 2019