Join Kathi as she talks with special guest, Jen Babakhan, whose book Detoured is a huge blessing to women who are juggling the transition many working moms face. In this episode Jen will share how she made it through this very difficult time in her life and gives others encouragement along the way. Plus she shares simple tips to help moms emotionally, mentally, and spiritually, as they navigate motherhood.
Listen in to learn these things:
- Acknowledge this is a difficult decision and give yourself grace.
- Understand that our value is more than our career.
- Find a new community of moms.
To make getting DETOURED a little more exciting we are partnering with Harvest House and offering a super fun grand prize which includes an adorable lunch tote and ice-packs, as well as a picnic blanket and Jen’s book. Learning to take time to unwind is a huge step in finding balance in this life transition. Sign up here to be entered into our giveaway!
If you would like to go ahead and order a copy for yourself or perhaps another mom you know is struggling in this of transition, click here and get ready to be inspired.
We would love to stay connected. To share your thoughts:
Meet Our Guest
With a degree in public relations and a background in marketing and education, Jen Babakhan left her career to take on motherhood. Her writing has appeared in Reader’s Digest, and has been featured in MSN, Yahoo, and AOL. She lives in California with her husband and two young boys. You can also connect with her at JenBabakhan.com
- #376: Three Decisions to Make Today to Have the Best Christmas Ever - October 1, 2019
- #375: A Christmas Plan For Those Who Are Overwhelmed By Christmas - September 24, 2019
- How to Say “Good Morning!” (And Actually Mean It) - August 21, 2019