Join Kathi and her friend Jennifer Dukes Lee as they unpack the concept of growing slow. Do you ever feel the desire to un-hurry the pace of your life and your heart? Jennifer finally started asking a different question and learned to do just that by applying a few simple yet meaningful things to everyday life. Listen in to find out how you can grow slow and incorporate these simple things into your life:
- Setting the tone for your day
- Enjoying nature
- Growing and caring for things
We Long to Make a Break from the Fast Pace of Life …
But if we’re honest, we’re afraid of what we’ll miss if we do. Yet when going big and hustling hard leaves us stressed, empty, and out of sorts, perhaps this can be our cue to step into a far more satisfying, sustainable pace. In this crafted, inspiring read, beloved author Jennifer Dukes Lee offers a path to unhurried living by returning to the rhythm of the land and learning the ancient art of Growing Slow. Jennifer was once at breaking point herself, and tells her story of rude awakening to the ways her chosen lifestyle of running hard, scaling fast, and the neverending chase for results was taking a toll on her body, heart, and soul. But when she finally gave herself permission to believe it takes time to grow good things, she found a new kind of freedom. With eloquent truths and vivid storytelling, Jennifer reflects on the lessons she learned from living on her fifth-generation family farm and the insights she gathered from the purposeful yet never rushed life of Christ. Growing Slow charts a path out of the pressures of bigger, harder, faster, and into a more rooted way of living where the growth of good things is deep and lasting.
Following the rhythms of the natural growing season, Growing Slow will help you:
- Find the true relief that comes when you stop running and start resting in Jesus
- Learn practices for unhurrying your heart and mind every day
- Let go of the pressure and embrace the small, good things already bearing fruit in your life
- And engage slow growth through reflection prompts and simple application steps
Giveaway: For a chance to win a copy of Growing Slow by Jennifer Dukes Lee, answer one of these questions in the comments below:
What is something you have done in the last year to un-hurry your heart? What is something your heart longs for?
Meet Our Guest
Jennifer Dukes Lee
Jennifer Dukes Lee lives on the fifth-generation Lee family farm in Iowa, where she and her husband are raising crops, pigs, and two beautiful humans. She writes books, loves queso, and enjoys singing too loudly to songs with great harmony. Once upon a time, she didn’t believe in Jesus; now he’s her CEO. Find Jennifer at JenniferDukesLee.com and on Instagram at @JenniferDukesLee.
- #605 Why Your Perfectionism is Keeping You Stuck in Clutter (and What You Can Do About it) Part 2 - February 20, 2024
- #604 Why Your Perfectionism is Keeping You Stuck in Clutter (and What You Can Do About it) Part 1 - February 13, 2024
- #603 The Great Freezer Cleanout - February 6, 2024