Do you struggle with the idea of throwing things away? You’re not alone. In this episode, Kathi is joined by Tonya Kubo to unpack the complexities of this topic. Throwing things away is difficult for a number of reasons, but especially because it triggers a sense of wastefulness. In addition to explaining when it’s time to throw something away, Kathi shares with us four tips for how to get comfortable with getting stuff out of our houses, such as:
- Stop feeling guilty about throwing things away.
- Put it on your calendar to go to the dump.
- Give everything away that you can, but you don’t get to give away junk.
- Know how to dispose of things.
The Clutter Free Home
When it comes to your home, peace is possible…
Longing for a place of peace from which you can love others well? The Clutter-Free Home is your room-by-room guide to decluttering, reclaiming, and celebrating every space of your home.
Let author Kathi Lipp (who once lived a life buried in clutter) walk you through each room of your house to create organizational zones that are not only functional and practical but create places of peace that reflect your personality. Kathi will help you tackle the four-step process of dedicate, decide, declutter and “do-your-thing” to reveal the home you’ve always dreamed of and then transform it into a haven that reflects who you truly are meant to be.
Meet Our Guest
Tonya Kubo is the illustrious and fearless leader of Kathi Lipp’s Clutter Free Academy Facebook group and the Clutter Free for Life membership program. A speaker and writer, Tonya makes her home in the heart of California with her husband, Brian, their two spirited daughters, and one very tolerant cat. Visit her at www.tonyakubo.com.
- #593 What I Learned About Clutter in 2023 that Will Change My Relationship with Stuff in 2024 Part 1 - November 28, 2023
- #592 Your Holiday Gameplan When You’re Low on Time - November 21, 2023
- #591 Your Holiday Gameplan When You’re Low on Space - November 14, 2023