Have you ever found yourself in a crisis? Sometimes we know a crisis is coming and other times, it takes us by surprise. Decluttering might not take top priority during a crisis but decluttering can help us feel that we can handle the crisis so much better. In this episode Kathi and her partner in decluttering and chicken wrangling Roger Lipp discuss their latest adventures homesteading through the latest California “bomb storms” and how decluttering can significantly impact the way you feel during a crisis.
Listen in and discover:
- How to plan in advance for a crisis
- Three tips to staying decluttered during a crisis
- The saying, “Madder than a wet hen” is a real thing!
Ready for Anything: Preparing Your Heart and Home for Any Crisis Big or Small
There are those who’ve prepared, and those who wish they had. Let Ready for Anything be your go-to guide for facing any unexpected crisis with confidence.
Bad stuff happens all the time – big stuff like hurricanes, wildfires, or national emergencies, and smaller-scale yet no less devastating disasters like a sudden health scare, job loss, or a computer crash. But this doesn’t mean we have to live in constant fear.
Whether you’re in the midst of difficulty right now or being proactive rather than reactive, Ready for Anything gives finite simple steps for preparing your mind, your heart, and your home for any unfortunate circumstance. Full of stories and humor along with facts, tips, and lists, Kathi offers a down-to-earth guide that will show you how to face the unexpected with confidence, relying on God’s strength and plan rather than giving in to our fear and anxiety. Her step-by-step plan is easy to implement and will help any Christian be a better steward of their resources, as well as the neighbor who helps in a crisis rather than needing help themselves.
For anyone who falls somewhere between “I’ll just trust God” and stocking a 10-year supply of canned pinto beans in the pantry, Ready for Anything will show you:
- How to prep your pantry for two weeks of meals, plus recipes available in the audiobook companion PDF download
- Essential tips for creating an emergency kit and stocking your supplies
- Practical strategies for taking stock of your financials and building an emergency fund
- How to mentally, emotionally, and spiritually prepare and parent your kids in any crisis
- How to create a five-minute plan and why you need it
- Indispensable tips for safeguarding your physical and digital valuable
- And so much more!
Sponsor Highlight: Get affordable, private therapy with BetterHelp anytime, anywhere.
Special offer for our Clutter Free community – get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/clutterfree (code clutterfree will automatically be applied).
Meet Our Guest
Roger is a productivity and quality engineer for a Fortune 50 company.
Roger helps teams reach their full productivity potential by teaching them the practical and simple steps to reach their goals. Roger and his wife, author Kathi Lipp, teach communicators how to share their message through social media and email marketing.
He and Kathi coauthored Happy Habits for Every Couple with Harvest House Publishers.
- #549 Should You try to Be Clutter Free in A Crisis (And How)? - January 24, 2023
- #548 How to Define the Clutter You’re Dealing with? House, Heart or Head - January 17, 2023
- #547 Why I Don’t Eat Green Bananas Anymore - January 10, 2023