Have you ever second guessed a decision you’ve made, even after doing thoughtful and thorough research? Have you vacillated between decisions and then ended up doing… nothing? You are not alone, friend. It’s called thrashing and Kathi and her three-time coauthor Cheri Gregory are with us today discussing the concept of thrashing as well as some lessons each learned during their recent home renovations. Cheri has three lessons for us regarding clutter and renovations, the first of which she shares in this episode. Listen in to Part 1 of this two part episode to find out:
- Cheri’s #1 sanity saver during the renovation
- How a renovation can reveal clutter habits you didn’t know you had
- The importance of “putting a pin” in your decisions
Remember, you can do anything for a short period of time. If you know you’ll be moving soon (or even if you aren’t), start with one area or one room and work from there a little bit each day. You can do it!
Overwhelmed: How to Quiet the Chaos and Restore Your Sanity
Feeling overwhelmed? Wondering if it’s possible to move from “out of my mind” to “in control” when you’ve got too many projects on your plate and too much mess in your relationships?
Kathi and Cheri want to show you five surprising reasons why you become stressed, why social media solutions don’t often work, and how you can finally create a plan that works for you. As you identify your underlying hurts, uncover hope, and embrace practical healing, you’ll become equipped to:
- trade the to-do list that controls you for a calendar that allows space in your life
- decide whose feedback to forget and whose input to invite
- replace fear of the future with peace in the present
You can simplify and savor your life—guilt-free! Clutter, tasks, and relationships may overwhelm you now, but God can help you overcome with grace.
Kathi and Cheri Gregory, co-author of Overwhelmed, get together for this episode for a little discussion regarding the concepts of being overwhelmed and being clutter-free. So often we find that our clutter overwhelms us and that being overwhelmed contributes to our clutter. It can be a vicious cycle.
Kathi and Cheri discuss five steps to keep from getting overwhelmed as you declutter your home, your heart, and your life. Order your copy of Overwhelmed here.
What is something you’ve gotten rid of that you never thought you could OR something that you are contemplating getting rid of that’s hard?
Meet Our Guest
Through Scripture and storytelling, Cheri Gregory delights in helping women draw closer to Jesus, the strength of every tender heart. She is the founder of the Sensitive and Strong Community Cafe: the place for the HSP Christian woman to find connection. With Kathi Lipp, she’s the co-author of You Don’t Have to Try So Hard, Overwhelmed, and An Abundant Place. Cheri speaks locally and internationally for women’s events and educational conferences.
- #585 Designing for Decision Fatigue: Minimal Choices, Maximum Freedom - October 3, 2023
- #584 Fear, Finances, and Finding Peace: Decluttering Your Mind and Home - September 26, 2023
- #583 Why “Just in Case” is a Trap: Your Guide to Living Clutter-Free - September 19, 2023