Can there be guilt-free home organization? Oh sweet sister, there is! Kathi Lipp and her three-time coauthor Cheri Gregory are with us today discussing the lessons each learned during their recent home renovations. Cheri has three simple strategies for us regarding clutter, home organization and renovations. In Part 2 of Lessons Learned from Living Through a Renovation Part 2, Kathi and Cheri do a deep dive into strategies 2 & 3, as well as giving us gems of advice such as:
- There is satisfaction in waiting for the right item for a space
- Give yourself permission to “waste” some money
- Find places where returning items is easy
Overwhelmed: How to Quiet the Chaos and Restore Your Sanity
Feeling overwhelmed? Wondering if it’s possible to move from “out of my mind” to “in control” when you’ve got too many projects on your plate and too much mess in your relationships?
Kathi and Cheri want to show you five surprising reasons why you become stressed, why social media solutions don’t often work, and how you can finally create a plan that works for you. As you identify your underlying hurts, uncover hope, and embrace practical healing, you’ll become equipped to:
- trade the to-do list that controls you for a calendar that allows space in your life
- decide whose feedback to forget and whose input to invite
- replace fear of the future with peace in the present
You can simplify and savor your life—guilt-free! Clutter, tasks, and relationships may overwhelm you now, but God can help you overcome with grace.
Kathi and Cheri Gregory, co-author of Overwhelmed, get together for this episode for a little discussion regarding the concepts of being overwhelmed and being clutter-free. So often we find that our clutter overwhelms us and that being overwhelmed contributes to our clutter. It can be a vicious cycle.
Kathi and Cheri discuss five steps to keep from getting overwhelmed as you declutter your home, your heart, and your life. Order your copy of Overwhelmed here.
Can you think of an item that was worth the wait during a renovation? Tell us in the comments below!
Meet Our Guest
Through Scripture and storytelling, Cheri Gregory delights in helping women draw closer to Jesus, the strength of every tender heart. She is the founder of the Sensitive and Strong Community Cafe: the place for the HSP Christian woman to find connection. With Kathi Lipp, she’s the co-author of You Don’t Have to Try So Hard, Overwhelmed, and An Abundant Place. Cheri speaks locally and internationally for women’s events and educational conferences.
- #584 Fear, Finances, and Finding Peace: Decluttering Your Mind and Home - September 26, 2023
- #583 Why “Just in Case” is a Trap: Your Guide to Living Clutter-Free - September 19, 2023
- #582 Garden Or Grocery Store: Eating Like a Homesteader No Matter Where You Call Home – Part 2 - September 12, 2023