In this Best of episode, Kathi Lipp is talking with Clutter Free community leader, friend, and screenwriter, Grace Church, about how decluttering and creativity can actually help one another. Have you ever struggled to balance decluttering time and creative time? You are not alone. In this episode, Kathi and Grace share how they have found that balance by:
- Shifting their mentality
- Doing a little bit every day
- Establishing routines
If you’ve ever found your creativity blocked by the clutter around you, you won’t want to miss this episode.
The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home
1. an act or instance of establishing a homestead.
2. the act of loving where you live so much that you actively ignore the fact that your house is trying to kill you on a regular basis.
For Kathi Lipp and her husband, Roger, buying a house in one of the most remote parts of Northern California was never part of the plan; many of life’s biggest, most rewarding adventures rarely are.
Kathi shares the hard-won wisdom she’s gained on her homestead journey to help you accomplish more at home, gain fresh perspective, and give yourself grace in the process. Here’s a handful of the lessons Kathi shares:
- Prepare before the need arises
- Everything is always in process, including us
- Your best household solution is time and patience
- You don’t have to do everything the hard way
- Be open to new and better ways of doing things
- A lot of small changes make a huge difference.
Highly practical, humorous, and inspirational, The Accidental Homesteader will encourage you to live with more peace, joy, and contentment.
Order your copy of The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home here.
What does your creative space look like? Do you need to clean BEFORE you create?
Share about it in the comments!
Meet Our Guest
Grace Church is a screenwriter, blogger, and budding podcaster in Los Angeles — but her favorite “job” has been working on Kathi’s Clutter Free Academy leadership team! Grace discovered Clutter Free through Kathi’s “2000 Thing Fling” in January 2015. Since then she’s been counting, cleaning, and decluttering her way through her home, one item at a time. Grace has been a regular contributor in our private Facebook community since it began in 2016 and a member of the Clutter Free for Life membership program since its inception in 2019. She is now the community manager for the membership program and stays active in our free group as well.
- #605 Why Your Perfectionism is Keeping You Stuck in Clutter (and What You Can Do About it) Part 2 - February 20, 2024
- #604 Why Your Perfectionism is Keeping You Stuck in Clutter (and What You Can Do About it) Part 1 - February 13, 2024
- #603 The Great Freezer Cleanout - February 6, 2024