In this Best of Series episode, Kathi and her best friend, Roger Lipp, are taking the clutter free journey back to the basics. Do you need specific criteria to guide your decision making for what to keep and what to get rid of? Kathi and Roger are here to remind us of the three clarifying questions we should be asking ourselves as we declutter. Join in the conversation to learn the art of how to keep the best and get rid of the rest by knowing and practicing these three questions as you declutter:
- Do I love it?
- Do I use it?
- Would I buy it again?
Listen in as Kathi and Roger explain how asking yourself these three questions can get you past the mental block of clearing out your clutter.
The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home
1. an act or instance of establishing a homestead.
2. the act of loving where you live so much that you actively ignore the fact that your house is trying to kill you on a regular basis.
For Kathi Lipp and her husband, Roger, buying a house in one of the most remote parts of Northern California was never part of the plan; many of life’s biggest, most rewarding adventures rarely are.
Kathi shares the hard-won wisdom she’s gained on her homestead journey to help you accomplish more at home, gain fresh perspective, and give yourself grace in the process. Here’s a handful of the lessons Kathi shares:
- Prepare before the need arises
- Everything is always in process, including us
- Your best household solution is time and patience
- You don’t have to do everything the hard way
- Be open to new and better ways of doing things
- A lot of small changes make a huge difference.
Highly practical, humorous, and inspirational, The Accidental Homesteader will encourage you to live with more peace, joy, and contentment.
Order your copy of The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home here.
Kathi mentions rotating treasured items into your decor. She has a donkey figure that is a part of her Fall decorations. What treasured items do you rotate into your decor?
Share in the comments!
Meet Our Guest
Roger helps teams reach their full productivity potential by teaching them the practical and simple steps to reach their goals. Roger and his wife, author Kathi Lipp, teach communicators how to share their message through social media and email marketing.
He and Kathi coauthored Happy Habits for Every Couple with Harvest House Publishers.
- #605 Why Your Perfectionism is Keeping You Stuck in Clutter (and What You Can Do About it) Part 2 - February 20, 2024
- #604 Why Your Perfectionism is Keeping You Stuck in Clutter (and What You Can Do About it) Part 1 - February 13, 2024
- #603 The Great Freezer Cleanout - February 6, 2024