Would you like some tips and tools to help you move from last minute scrambler to organized planner? Welcome to Part 2 of How to Plan Like A Homesteader where Kathi and her co host in life and on the mic Roger Lipp discuss strategies for advanced planning.
You might not need to worry about your snow blower not working like they do out in the wilderness they call home, but there are so many things you can plan in advance for to make your life run more smoothly. For example:
- Pet and animal care
- Regular medical appoints to avoid a medical crisis
- And the many joys of putting a vacation on the calendar
If you haven’t listened to 579 How To Plan Like a Homesteader No Matter Where You Call Home, Part 1 yet, click here.
Also…today is the day that Kathi Lipp’s new (and visually stunning) book The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home releases! You can still get in on all the preorder goodies but you MUST order it today.
Listen at the end of the episode to get the details on how to procure your Accidental Homesteader extras!
Click here for the Clutter Free Academy newsletter and be notified when future episodes are released.
The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home
1. an act or instance of establishing a homestead.
2. the act of loving where you live so much that you actively ignore the fact that your house is trying to kill you on a regular basis.
For Kathi Lipp and her husband, Roger, buying a house in one of the most remote parts of Northern California was never part of the plan; many of life’s biggest, most rewarding adventures rarely are.
Kathi shares the hard-won wisdom she’s gained on her homestead journey to help you accomplish more at home, gain fresh perspective, and give yourself grace in the process. Here’s a handful of the lessons Kathi shares:
- Prepare before the need arises
- Everything is always in process, including us
- Your best household solution is time and patience
- You don’t have to do everything the hard way
- Be open to new and better ways of doing things
- A lot of small changes make a huge difference.
Highly practical, humorous, and inspirational, The Accidental Homesteader will encourage you to live with more peace, joy, and contentment.
Order your copy of The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home here.
Is there something you enjoy planning in advance? Vacations perhaps?
Tell us in the comments!
Meet Our Guest
Roger helps teams reach their full productivity potential by teaching them the practical and simple steps to reach their goals. Roger and his wife, author Kathi Lipp, teach communicators how to share their message through social media and email marketing.
He and Kathi coauthored Happy Habits for Every Couple with Harvest House Publishers.
- #584 Fear, Finances, and Finding Peace: Decluttering Your Mind and Home - September 26, 2023
- #583 Why “Just in Case” is a Trap: Your Guide to Living Clutter-Free - September 19, 2023
- #582 Garden Or Grocery Store: Eating Like a Homesteader No Matter Where You Call Home – Part 2 - September 12, 2023