Is it possible to eat like a homesteader even if you live in an apartment? Yes, it is!
Eating like a homesteader is really about being more purposeful and thoughtful about what you eat and where you source your food. In this episode, Kathi and Roger Lipp discuss what they have learned on their homestead journey about growing their own food in the garden as well as the non-gardening ways they source their food. For example:
- The satisfaction of growing your own food
- Start with a salsa garden/container garden.
- Don’t have a garden? Try:
- Shopping at a Farmers’ Markets or Roadside Stands
- Joining a Food Swap or Bartering Group
- Be a part of a Community Garden
- And what to do if you have an abundance of produce
For those of you wondering where Kathi and Roger’s chickens fit into the “Eating like a Homesteader” plan, don’t be worried. Kathi’s philosophy is they don’t want to meet their meat.
Looking for the Meal Planning Calendar Kathi mentioned in this episode? It’s right here!
Click here for the Clutter Free Academy newsletter and be notified when future episodes are released.
The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home
1. an act or instance of establishing a homestead.
2. the act of loving where you live so much that you actively ignore the fact that your house is trying to kill you on a regular basis.
For Kathi Lipp and her husband, Roger, buying a house in one of the most remote parts of Northern California was never part of the plan; many of life’s biggest, most rewarding adventures rarely are.
Kathi shares the hard-won wisdom she’s gained on her homestead journey to help you accomplish more at home, gain fresh perspective, and give yourself grace in the process. Here’s a handful of the lessons Kathi shares:
- Prepare before the need arises
- Everything is always in process, including us
- Your best household solution is time and patience
- You don’t have to do everything the hard way
- Be open to new and better ways of doing things
- A lot of small changes make a huge difference.
Highly practical, humorous, and inspirational, The Accidental Homesteader will encourage you to live with more peace, joy, and contentment.
Order your copy of The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home here.
After listening to this episode, which “Eating Like Homesteader” tip are to going to implement?
Tell us in the comments!
Meet Our Guest
Roger helps teams reach their full productivity potential by teaching them the practical and simple steps to reach their goals. Roger and his wife, author Kathi Lipp, teach communicators how to share their message through social media and email marketing.
He and Kathi coauthored Happy Habits for Every Couple with Harvest House Publishers.
- #584 Fear, Finances, and Finding Peace: Decluttering Your Mind and Home - September 26, 2023
- #583 Why “Just in Case” is a Trap: Your Guide to Living Clutter-Free - September 19, 2023
- #582 Garden Or Grocery Store: Eating Like a Homesteader No Matter Where You Call Home – Part 2 - September 12, 2023