You might have heard of the Circle of Life but how about the Circle of Thrift?
In this part 2 episode, Kathi interviews full-time Pinterest employee and thrifting enthusiast Erin Handley. Erin and Kathi both have a love for a great thrift find and share personal stories about how thrifting has been a real benefit to them and their families through the years. Listen in as she and Kathi laugh and discuss some tips and tricks they have learned about thrifting, such as:
- There are times of year when people donate certain items. Kathi and Erin share when those times are!
- How to develop your personal style while thrifting.
- What is the Circle of Thrift?
Bonus: Erin shares her super secret thrifting tip of where, when, and how to find those special items you’re looking for!
Haven’t listened to 589 Thrifting with Purpose: Tips and Strategies for Finding Gems and Reducing Clutter – Part 1? Click here.
Join the free Clutter Free Academy group on Facebook!
Be sure to sign up here and be notified when the next episode is released.
The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home
1. an act or instance of establishing a homestead.
2. the act of loving where you live so much that you actively ignore the fact that your house is trying to kill you on a regular basis.
For Kathi Lipp and her husband, Roger, buying a house in one of the most remote parts of Northern California was never part of the plan; many of life’s biggest, most rewarding adventures rarely are.
Kathi shares the hard-won wisdom she’s gained on her homestead journey to help you accomplish more at home, gain fresh perspective, and give yourself grace in the process. Here’s a handful of the lessons Kathi shares:
- Prepare before the need arises
- Everything is always in process, including us
- Your best household solution is time and patience
- You don’t have to do everything the hard way
- Be open to new and better ways of doing things
- A lot of small changes make a huge difference.
Highly practical, humorous, and inspirational, The Accidental Homesteader will encourage you to live with more peace, joy, and contentment.
Order your copy of The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home here.
How do feel about thrifting? Share your answer in the comments!
Meet Our Guest
Erin Handley is a passionate member of the Lead Bold Team and is fortunate to be their podcast coordinator! When she isn’t serving alongside awesome women ministry leaders, she works full-time at Pinterest and has been in Talent Acquisition and HR for over 10 years. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and can be found most weekends with her husband and pup at a thrift store, flea market, antique mall and more – no garage sale is safe. Visit her at leadingboldpodcast.org.
- #605 Why Your Perfectionism is Keeping You Stuck in Clutter (and What You Can Do About it) Part 2 - February 20, 2024
- #604 Why Your Perfectionism is Keeping You Stuck in Clutter (and What You Can Do About it) Part 1 - February 13, 2024
- #603 The Great Freezer Cleanout - February 6, 2024