Kathi and her guest Deanna Day Young love decorating for Christmas, but what do you do when you are low on space? Kathi and Deanna both have experienced living in small spaces, and in today’s podcast they share ten ideas for decorating for the holidays, no matter how much room you have to work with.
Listen in and hear some helpful tips, including:
- What to consider when decorating for each season.
- Deanna’s trick for making cleanup extra easy!
- The best color choice for decorating a holiday table.
- How to keep your gifts clutter-free.
Next week Kathi and Deanna will continue the holiday theme as they discuss what to do when you’re low on time. (And who isn’t?) Sign up here to be notified when the next episode is released.
Do you find the Clutter Free Academy podcast helpful? Would you consider reviewing the podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify? Each review helps us share the word about this podcast and reach more listeners with the Clutter Free message. We would be so grateful for your recommendation.
The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home
1. an act or instance of establishing a homestead.
2. the act of loving where you live so much that you actively ignore the fact that your house is trying to kill you on a regular basis.
For Kathi Lipp and her husband, Roger, buying a house in one of the most remote parts of Northern California was never part of the plan; many of life’s biggest, most rewarding adventures rarely are.
Kathi shares the hard-won wisdom she’s gained on her homestead journey to help you accomplish more at home, gain fresh perspective, and give yourself grace in the process. Here’s a handful of the lessons Kathi shares:
- Prepare before the need arises
- Everything is always in process, including us
- Your best household solution is time and patience
- You don’t have to do everything the hard way
- Be open to new and better ways of doing things
- A lot of small changes make a huge difference.
Highly practical, humorous, and inspirational, The Accidental Homesteader will encourage you to live with more peace, joy, and contentment.
Order your copy of The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home here.
In this episode Kathi and Deanna share ideas for giving clutter free gifts.
What fun ideas do you have for clutter free gift giving? Share your answer in the comments.
Meet Our Guest
Deanna Day Young
Deanna lives in southeast Indiana on the Young family farm with her husband of 35 years. She and Roger have two grown daughters.
Deanna is the Director of Operations for Iron Timbers, a family-owned custom furniture business featured currently, and for several years, on HGTV’s Good Bones show. Prior to this position, she was a paralegal and managed the international trademark portfolio for 34 years for the Hill-Rom division of Baxter International. Deanna has a degree in Journalism and Speech Communications from Ball State University and a Paralegal Certification from Saint Mary of the Woods College.
Fun Fact – Deanna and her daughter are also Chi Omega sorority sisters!! Hoot Hoot.
You can connect with Deanna at deannadayyoung.com
- #593 What I Learned About Clutter in 2023 that Will Change My Relationship with Stuff in 2024 Part 1 - November 28, 2023
- #592 Your Holiday Gameplan When You’re Low on Time - November 21, 2023
- #591 Your Holiday Gameplan When You’re Low on Space - November 14, 2023