Have you ever been working on a project and had to run to the store to buy something you needed? How about run to the store multiple times to buy what you needed? You might be in need of what Kathi and Roger Lipp call the Magic List!
Kathi and Roger are starting a series titled Accidental Homesteader, where they take some of the principles they’ve learned about homesteading and applied them to everyday life. In this episode it’s all about creating effective, precise, time and money saving lists! Listen in as Kathi and Roger laugh and lay out listing making tips, such as:
- How to create effective shopping lists
- How to organize your To Do lists so things actually get done
- Why it’s important to keep a master list (Kathi keeps hers on her phone!)
Don’t forget to give Clutter Free Academy a one sentence review on your favorite podcast platform!
Sign up here for the Clutter Free Academy newsletter and be notified when future episodes are released.
The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home
1. an act or instance of establishing a homestead.
2. the act of loving where you live so much that you actively ignore the fact that your house is trying to kill you on a regular basis.
For Kathi Lipp and her husband, Roger, buying a house in one of the most remote parts of Northern California was never part of the plan; many of life’s biggest, most rewarding adventures rarely are.
Kathi shares the hard-won wisdom she’s gained on her homestead journey to help you accomplish more at home, gain fresh perspective, and give yourself grace in the process. Here’s a handful of the lessons Kathi shares:
- Prepare before the need arises
- Everything is always in process, including us
- Your best household solution is time and patience
- You don’t have to do everything the hard way
- Be open to new and better ways of doing things
- A lot of small changes make a huge difference.
Highly practical, humorous, and inspirational, The Accidental Homesteader will encourage you to live with more peace, joy, and contentment.
Order your copy of The Accidental Homesteader: What I’ve Learned About Chickens, Compost, and Creating Home here.
Are you currently a list maker? If you are, why do you like them?
Tell us in the comments!
Meet Our Guest
Roger is a productivity and quality engineer for a Fortune 50 company.
Roger helps teams reach their full productivity potential by teaching them the practical and simple steps to reach their goals. Roger and his wife, author Kathi Lipp, teach communicators how to share their message through social media and email marketing.
He and Kathi coauthored Happy Habits for Every Couple with Harvest House Publishers.